Unusual billing situation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. I'm wondering if you could help.

I've got a bit of an usual BT billing issue and I'm looking for some advice.

I'm coming to the end of my minimum term with BT and I've placed in my cancellation. However, it turns out that due to some billing glitch, I haven't paid a single payment to BT for the whole year contract. I'm one of those who just let direct debits come out the bank without really paying close attention ( I really should.... I know!)

They are now requesting the full year payment upfront which I obviously cannot afford. I've logged into the BT website to check the bills incase there has been any late payment fees etc to find that absolutely every bill - clearly addressed with my details and the package that I subscribe to (phone and broadband) have all had a total balance due of £0.

Where do I stand with this?

so could you not do a DD guarantee reclaim via your bank and get all the money back to pay them as ehere has it gone?

it must have gone off the bills surely?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've looked... the direct debits has been set up since day 1 - the actual bills themselves have all be £0 with no payments due hence no payment requests by Direct Debits have been made.

they are not asking for the payment upfront, you ahve already had the service, they are asking for it as a lump sum in arrears. As it is their cock up they should give you time to settle the bill, payment over 4 months would be reasonable. Your real problem is getting through to someone who can sort this out for you.