Bristow and Sutor nuisance calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bristow and Sutor are calling our home regularly. It's a recorded message for my son who does not live at this address nor has he ever lived here. The problem is that my husband is poorly in bed and the phone ringing disturbs him. We normally get very few calls. When they ring they give the case number three times but unfortunately I suffer with Arthritis in my fingers and I am not quick enough to write it down. There is no regular time for these calls otherwise I would arrange for someone to be here to get the case number. I have tried to get a web chat with the company but keep being told to try later and I've tried completing their email form but it won't be accepted due to no case number. I just don't know what to do now. I see my son occasionally and have told him about the calls but he has said to ignore it. He was declared Bankrupt almost two years ago so I'm not sure what this debt is for.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions. Thank you

Send them an unsigned letter stating the the person they are looking for does not reside and has never resided at that address and they must cease and desist all attempts to contact the person at that address.

Send it by free Post Office recorded delivery, sty off the phone to them and don't email them either.

Return all letters they send addressed to your son as 'not known at this address'

And block their number on your incoming calls if you can

Disgruntled2007 The illness my husband suffers with his COPD and Arthritis.

Homer67 Thank you for your advice which I will follow and let you know the outcome. I have tried to block their number via Virgin Media but they do not class it as a nuisance call only PPI etc.

Homer67 Could I ask why you suggest not to sign the letter and in the hope that they do not have our address would you also leave it off the letter but add the land line number as they already have this.

Thank you

Get onto your telephone provider and go through their malicious calls procedure, and have them block their number.

Tell Virgin Bledia that this IS a nuisance call, they DO NOT tell you what is or isn't, and they must block it.

If you write to Bristow & Suitor, then obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, yes you can use your address, and their is no reason not to sign it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The reason I said don't sign it is because it is not your debt, it has nothing to do with you and the debtor has not even lived at your address, you don't want any DCA having a copy of your name or signature as that gives them carte blanche to keep hassling you and then by your own name.

I didn't realize they don't have your address, I wouldn't write to them at all in that case, just get their number blocked.

If you do decide to write to them don't add your address, just give the phone number and send it from 'the occupier' and leave it at that.

It doesn't matter about signing the letter, an old myth, write them and tell them you are not the debtor, sign the damn thing, get ''proof of posting'' which is free, OR ring them if you can record the call?

Playing cloak & daggers will only mean they will continue to harass you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Tell them all the calls are logged, the named debtor is non resident and has never been on the Register of Electors at the address and any further calls will be deemed harassment contrary to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. Of course Busted and Stupor are too bone headed to take the truth at face value, have they said what the debt is for at all?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!