Credit score Vs Offer of employment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2008, I entered a DMP, never missed a payment, and still making monthly payments.

Prior to entering a DMP, I received a CCJ and a charging order (for outstanding personal loans - consolidation loans issued by what was then Northern Rock.

Forward to 2017, following interview, I've received an offer of promotion, this is based on successful Scottish disclosure & credit reference.

Not concerned about Scottish disclosure, however, I am concerned about credit reference.

I know nothing about credit reference or credit score, hence why I've never applied for my own.

Given it was 9 years ago the CCJ & charging order was issued, and I'm still in a DMP, will this show on my credit report?

Also, do I have to provide my credit reference to my new employer, or do they do a credit search, if so, is my credit history likely to affect my offer of employment?

If the CCJ was 9 years ago, it should not be on record. Also any defaults from 9 years ago should not be showing any more.

Your employer will arrange the credit check, so you don't need to. But you might wish to obtain your own credit report. There are plenty of free credit report options if you search online.

If you have signed any employment forms that required disclosure of such financial issues, then you might want to see what you signed previously. Was it previously necessary to advise your employer of the CCJ and DMP or is it only the new role that requires disclosure ?

The DMP is coming up to being 10 years old next year. When was the last time, you spoke to the DMP provider about it ? Was it a time limited process or continuous until debts paid off. I have read of people being on these for a very long time, with the DMP provider not really monitoring them or issuing statements showing progress.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your help,

If the CCJ was 9 years ago, it should not be on record. Also any defaults from 9 years ago should not be showing any more

Does that mean it'll show I have a clean record?

Was it previously necessary to advise your employer of the CCJ and DMP or is it only the new role that requires disclosure ?

It's this new role that'll require a credit check, wasn't necessary with my current position

The DMP is coming up to being 10 years old next year. When was the last time, you spoke to the DMP provider about it ? Was it a time limited process or continuous until debts paid off. I have read of people being on these for a very long time, with the DMP provider not really monitoring them or issuing statements showing progress.

My DMP is and has been from day 1 with Payplan, they do an annual financial assessment every year.

Yes such info as a default or CCJ come off the credit record after 6 years.

You should check your credit report, just in case someone is reporting info. Sometimes they put the wrong date is or report info when they should not be doing so.

People get anxious about checking credit records fearing the worst.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes such info as a default or CCJ come off the credit record after 6 years.

I feel so much better having read that, thank you

People get anxious about checking credit records fearing the worst.

One of the reasons I haven't applied