BrightHouse ordered to pay back £15M to 249,000 customers found to have been treated unfairly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rent-to-own retailer BrightHouse has been told to pay £14.8m to 249,000 customers by the financial regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

BrightHouse will compensate customers who had cancelled agreements after one downpayment but had not been refunded.

It will also make payments to those who signed up to lending agreements that "may not have been affordable".

The FCA said BrightHouse had not acted as a "responsible lender".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41732865

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

BrightHouse to pay back £14.8m to customers - what you need to know

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/brighthouse-refunds-compensation-customers-consumer-13803134#ICID=ios_MENNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Another link to this here

Will be getting my pen n paper back out for this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Rent-to-own firm BrightHouse has agreed to pay back £14.8 million to 249,000 customers who were found to have been treated unfairly.

Some customers will have loans written off while others will get large amounts of money refunded following an investigation and ruling by the Financial Conduct Authority watchdog.

The inquiry dates back to 2014 and concluded that thousands of customers were tied into loan agreements they simply could not afford.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/brighthouse-pay-almost-15m-249000-mistreated-customers-100315524.html

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

who pays, you pay. ipay (a new one there :))

what is the root of all this. it can be seen, or not, re the ghosts.

taxi, where's jonnycab :)

About time. They needed a spanking.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

£15m between 250000 customers averages around £60 per customer, cant yet see how loans will be written off or large amounts refunded with these figures but then i havent delved very deep yet.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.