Insurance repair or replacement

Kanna47
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all new to Forum! Looking for advice regarding my rights repair or replace parts? 7 weeks ago rear ended by another car. I was stationary in my Vw T5! Totally knackered bumper a bent bottom of rear doors out of alignment meaning doors will not close. Phoned insurance said I could take to my own garage for quote! new bumper NEW DOORS insurance phoned me few weeks later there engineers said that I'm liable to pay difference between my garage quote and there approved repairers labour costs which is about £365. Ok I'm not paying that for non fault accident! so took it to there approved repairers they said new bumper AND NEW DOORS! Because doors are out of alignment can't guarantee the doors will line up! I've just found out this week from approved repairers the work can go ahead but they have been instructed by insurance engineer to only repair the doors! I'm really not happy with that! I'm a non fault driver who's claiming off his own insurance because third party insurance is based in Romania can take upto 90 days to admit liability! Do I have the right to ask for new doors? Thanks in advance

The Insurers only have to do minimum necessary to place you back in the same position as before the accident. So if the Insurers engineer says doors can be repaired, then that is all they would have to do. If you want new doors then you have to pay the difference. Remember that the third party insurers might not pay for new doors either.

Just accept what the Insurers advise for an authorised repair. But when it comes back after repair, take it some where there is plenty of light and it can be closely inspected. If you find the repair has not succeeded in restoring to pre accident condition then you can reject the repair, asking the Insurers to pay for any additional work.

When the car is delivered back after repair, if they get you to sign something, make sure you note the paperwork that you have not fully inspected the repair, so are unable to confirm acceptance of quality.

Nb. Your Insurers might struggle to recover any claim payout from the Romanian Insurers. Make sure you are not penalised, given that you don't appear to be at fault at all.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for replying! well that sucks will deffo get my garage to check over repairs! hopefully won't be a problem claiming off third party!? Checked him out on MIB website. Found UK agents for his insurance company. Regards k

Hi thanks for replying! well that sucks will deffo get my garage to check over repairs! hopefully won't be a problem claiming off third party!? Checked him out on MIB website. Found UK agents for his insurance company. Regards k

In theory, Romania being an EU country and having UK agents, should mean it is not a problem. But probably not as easy as a UK Insurers.

Just hope Government have got such Issues covered by Brexit. Foreign vehicles will still come to the UK with foreign Insurance, but with them being EU and UK outside the EU, it might be a more difficult legal position. Can you imagine suffering a life changing injury as a result of a foreign lorry. Unless UK Government makes changes to protect people, it could potentially be extremely serious. This is why having really good legal expenses cover can be a life saver.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread