Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2017

Default Westcot reply to CCA request re Mint Card debt

I send CCA to all my debtors,
    I have reply from Westcot advising that they are not the creditor but collecting on behalf of Cabot and that i need to either resend to them with postal order made payable to Cabot for forwarding or send direct to Cabot.

2 questions

1. shall I send direct to Cabot or go via Westcot

2. I read on other persons post a reply that said Cabot do NOT collect enforceable debt,

I would really appreciate confirmation of this,
    as Cabot are collecting the largest debt i have, Barclays Loan, still awaiting a response to CCA for this one, although Cabot already replied to another debt advising they will no longer pursue chasing payment.
    thanks

Default Re: Westcot reply to CCA request

not sure who advised sending a CCA to wetcloths
    they don't buy debts but simply chase for their client, who the CCA Requesticon should be sent.

so which of your debts is this thread related too

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Keep that silly response safe, and ignore anything further, they've fell at the first hurdle, just shows you how immature this outfit is.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I sent CCA to all debtors who my (now ex) dmpicon were paying, as you say Wetcloths (love that, lol) have fell over and passing me back to Cabot - so will send Cabot a CCA, Cabot have already conceded on one of my debts, hoping they do for the this and the other one i have with them.

as previously reported my dmpicon is now cancelled and no further payment to any creditor until i get response to CCA Requesticon.

what this debt all about OC + TYPE

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

OC = Mint - credit card, outstanding balance not too large 835.

I presume if Westcot are now saying refer back to Cabot, Cabot have bought the debt.

Will CCA Requesticon to Cabot later today

cabot had already bought it
    wetcloths were merely chasing
    you should of had a notice of assignment
    unless that went to an old address before you updated everyone about your newer AD

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: Westcot reply to CCA request re Mint Card debt

dx

that is entirely possible, or maybe they did notify me and I just sent it onto my dmpicon, once my dmpicon was up and running, I pretty much took little notice as although I know understand that was probably not the correct action, it did relieve a lot of pressure from me, all this arose from a messy divorceicon

I will send CCA to Cabot today

Basic Account Holder

CCA reply from Cabot - they do not hold records on file but have requested them, acknowledge 12 day limit but need 40 blah blah blah - am sure this is 2005/6 so hoping they don't get em.

12 = 2 then they are in default of request, 40 days refers to complaint procedure and they know it.

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo3577 View Post
    CCA reply from Cabot - they do not hold records on file but have requested them, acknowledge 12 day limit but need 40 blah blah blah - am sure this is 2005/6 so hoping they don't get em.
    Excellent, ignore them until or ''IF'' they do indeed find and send you an enforceable CCA.

They always add the 40 days in, but it means nothing, so don't even know why they waste the ink printing it!?!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Old Cogger View Post
    12 = 2 then they are in default of request, 40 days refers to complaint procedure and they know it.
    40 days is for a DSAR...not a Section 77/78....12 days end of.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Am sure this is just Cabot willy waving - but posting just in case I need to do anything.

Cabot have sent me a letter advising that this debt was being managed by an agent of theirs (Westcot) and Cabot have decided to have it returned to them so they can work with me directly on a payment plan.

I still have no reply to my original CCA Requesticon to Cabot.

shall I just file letter and ignore or do I need to advise Cabot they have not complied to my CCA ??

usual rubbish

no CCA end of the matter ignore!

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

tks dx