NRAM advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no you/siteteam only can see it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm thinking of going back with the following statement, to at least stop the clock over the Xmas period whilst I wait for the SAR to come back and I figure out what to do next, any ideas would be most welcome.

Without Prejudice

To whom it may concern (I change this to the person who actually sent me the letter)

I am currently awaiting for a Subject Access Request to be fulfilled by NRAM, this is the reason why I have not yet responded to your letters. There is approximately 22 calendar days outstanding for this legal request to be fulfilled.

Once I receive this information I intend to take advice and will reply back to you in due course.

Kind Regards

pers I wouldnt bother

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why? What I'm worried about is them going down the court route and then I've got to stick to the court timetable.

What would you do in this situation,

the other debts I've got (and successfully had stayed if they have gone down the court route)

I could get the money together top clear even if I lose in court,

this is a bit different due to the amount and CCJ equals no job for me hence why I'm being cautious.

Trust me there is no loved lost with this lot,

as they really screwed things up for us back in 2005 when I unexpectedly found myself in financial trouble

(the IVA would have been done and dusted back in 2011).

i'll say it again incase the last 4 times I've said it hasnt been read

the original creditors rarely/almost never goes for court judgements

only a debt buyer

and that will be months away yet.

if at all

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Update, the SAR dropped yesterday

I've just had a quick look at it (but I'm not going to think about it over Xmas to much).

I plan to upload the CCA to see there is an provision of them being able to use the pot of money from the overpayments to service the minimum payments.

One thing I did notice, is on the print out of the internal system notes it states no Default has been issued as the sum is over £25,000 can anybody explain why that is?

Also is there anything else I should upload and share that may help me?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

How does that effect enforceability via the courts?

I remember seeing the BBC article a few years back,

does make things easier for me or more difficult for me when they (or a DCA) start playing hard ball.

Will scan upload the documents relating to the CCA on Wednesday once Xmas is out of the way,

but is CCA worth the paper it is written on?

Andyorch and others are far more knowledgeable on this subject.

I am sure if you bump your thread in the new year by raising the question again, you will get a more userul response.

If you scan up your documents as a PDF in the meantime, i am sure that would assist.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

not sure why you are bothering with looking at the CCA .

your task was to

they really screwed things up for us back in 2005 when I unexpectedly found myself in financial trouble

and they

not sure why you are bothering with looking at the CCA .

your task was to

they really screwed things up for us back in 2005 when I unexpectedly found myself in financial trouble

??? I don't follow you on the last bit of your post

Regarding the CCA, if you go back through the thread somebody said to look at the CCA to see if there is anything about them being able to use the overpayments pot of money I had accrued to service the minimum payments for next 6-7 months.

My game plan is to a least get the balance reduced before agreeing a repayment plan, so I need to identify failings/breeches etc on NRMA's part which I can use to help me reduce any monies owed

it was re post 31 and your comment there.

if they've done you over

study the sar carefully and produce an attack plan?

reclaiming time?

and they

• 6 months later...

Curious to know your outcome if possible, NRAM have issued a CCJ against us after passing to a solicitor firm who were very dishonest with us and said they would stop the court action after our agreement (no surprise)

unfortunately we have had really poor advice from our local CAB debt manager and didn't apply straight away to stop it or set it aside straight after.

They then got an interim charge and we went to court 3 weeks ago to stop it being turned into a final charge.

The judge was sympathetic and said we have been poorly advised by CAB, and adjourned until early September on the condition we can prove we owe significantly less than the £29,500 they say.

I am about to send off a SAR today using your template as we haven't had statements since 2011,

which I now know to be because our regulated loan was in fact unregulated... and isn't covered by CCA.

It's a living nightmare, I'm convinced they will then go for an order of sale, even though they say they won't

I don't want them having control over this, we had every intention of settling when we sell in 11 years at the end of our mortgage and have never missed a payment.

I'm currently in the middle of reaching an agreement with them I have solicitors involved.

This agreement once signed off should hopefully put the matter to bed, I am very happy with proposed agreement but it will be subject to a NDA once finalised.

well I hope you are getting them to removed every bogus fees at their int rate first!

and they

• 6 months later...

I hope you don’t mind me contacting you but your issues with NRAM are similar to mine

Had a morg and unsecured loan – Morg paid off in dec 2013 and due to mistakes etc from NRAM I left the loan ( this is between myself and an ex who just walked away) ANYWAY I received the same letters that you did – recently the one with the 3 options

1. Arrange a payment plan.

2. Lump sum for full and final settlement

3. Regular or irregular payments, even if the amount is nominal.

Just wondered what your end result was? Do you know what sort of % they are after for the full and final settlement? I owe £16k.

I am waiting for the next letter from NRAM but just wondered what to expect

Thank you for your time