Barclay card struggling to pay

gerona
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I'm looking for some advice.

I am going to have to default on my barclaycard as I can't afford the minimum payments as my circumstances have changed. it was taken out in 2015 - will they take me to court and send the bailiffs round...

Thank you

Hi Gerona,

No they won't do either !!

Best course of action is to write to BC saying you can't maintain the necessary monthly payments - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387358-Request-to-make-%A31-token-payments-for-X-Months-**Correct-as-at-October-2013**

This letter asks that they suspend interest and default charges, as well as enclosing a Budget Planner to demonstrate your current financial problems.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Yes, that's why I didn't even mention querying the enforceability of the agreement.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Gerona,

It's up to you how to play it.

I know about the Barclays CIFAS issue (in the Barclays Forum). I suggested writing to them because that leaves you better options if matters improved for you financially in the future.

They certainly won't take you to court and /or send the bailiffs around.

There will be lots of angry threatening letters, then it will be sold off to a Debt Collection agency, who will send you more threatening letters on a regular basis, and the default will stay on your credit file for 6 years. Probably a 50% chance at some point during that 6 years a claim form will be issued, which you can defend. If you lose, a County Court Judgement will be issued that is on your credit file for another 6 years.

There maybe a point in time you need to start paying something back, maybe not, i'm paying back £50 per month on a CCJ for example. The older the default gets, the less it will matter in terms of credit, you can even get a mortgage with a 1 year old unsatisfied CCJ !

The point being, this isn't the end of the world, it isn't near the end of the world. Sure if you can avoid a default that is great, but if paying them off is going to stop you eating or paying your heating bill, then don't !

Sleep easy about this !!!

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread