EON and Credit file mess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping someone could offer some advice, it is a little complicated and will try my best to explain.

I moved to an address in Jan 2009 and left April 2014, during that time I had EON energy. I have not used then since.

I checked my credit files today (first time in years) and found it was showing three accounts from E-ON - two in default but settled, and one still running (ALL GREEN)

1. Public Utility from Eon Uk Plc (I) / XXXXXYYYY Account Opened June 2012 and closed October 2013. Its all green until October 2012 where it says I had (5) missed payments and then November where it states (6) missed payments and then December a default notice. It then says settled October 2013.

I admit I had a couple of missed direct debits during that time and was on a monthly payment plan and quarterly bills.

they are lying about 5 and six missed payments and issued a default for two missed payments which are prepayments before the bill.

They then did this again

2. Public Utility from Eon Uk Plc (I) / XXXXXYYYY (the 4 Y are different account numbers)

Account Opened = October 2013 and settled December 2014

Its all green until March 2014 where it says (5) missed payments, April (6) missed payments and then a “default” in May 2014.

I have emails for March that payments were made - where the credit file says that are missed.

My final bill was generated April 2014.

I paid £65 in March and April as part of a per month basis

- but on my credit file that marked as unpaid (5). And (6) unpaid.

I then did not pay as I raised a complaint - nothing happened.

After a while, a debt collection agency chased in December 2014,

and I paid them the £XXX outstanding, and it all went away.

Until today.

Then and this is strange, they opened a new account when I no longer lived in the property.

I assumed this was a fraud from a new person in the property.

3. Public Utility from Eon Uk Plc (I) / XXXXXYYYY

opened December 2014 and still open today!!!!

I have not lived at the address since April 2014!

No missed payments - all green!

I called up customer service today (2.5-hour phone call) and was told I only have one account with them, and this has an outstanding balance of £XXX!!!

How would I like to pay it! Not helpful at all.

I am now expected to dig through 3-year-old bank statements to find the final payment

- even though my credit files says it was paid in December 2014 and SETTLED.

They are now saying this settled is a mistake with Equifax.

Their EON billing system does not make mistakes.

During this time I have heard nothing from EON or agents, no one chasing me and they had my new address and email details.

I guess have two issues.

1. How EON have issued default notices on my account - does this follow any law / process at all ?

I understood that default notices were issued between 3-6 months of missed payments under the credit consumer act?

Is an energy supplier under the credit consumer act?

If you came to some agreement, you could hold off the default or your account is terminated and you have to pay your balance.

In this case, none of this happened, I never got a default notice warning letter etc.

Multiple defaults for which is the same account.

2. I have a settled account, and now saying they are going to un-settle it unless I can prove I made a payment in the next seven days from 3 years ago and issue a NEW default notice on the account they created in December 2014 when i was not even at the property!.

Am i screwed unless I find the payment?

Yes, I had a couple of late DD payment notices and not saying I am at not totally at fault.

Life is hard sometimes, and we try our best, but this just seems unreasonable and no way as harsh as any bank, credit card etc.

EON seems to be using credit files in an incorrect way.

Its a side point, but I also remember I was paying around £169 a month for electric in a one bed flat which I raised a complaint about

- but was told that's what the meter says.

I am now in a four bed house paying £70 with four people rather than 2!

Any suggestions on next steps or who I should claim to ?

I am sure i cannot be the only person this has happened to;

any advice ?

Edited by woodyuk
Miss one bit of info

pers id stop talking to the muppets on the phone unless you can record the call

writing only.

send them an sar get all the details they hold on your

just remember that they had a new billing system installed some months back

and are down on record as stating it completely screwed 100'000 of consumer records making them false/useless to reality.

no its nothing to do with the CCA

and no they don't issue default notice nor have to abide by any 'limits'

all they simply do is report if you are late/short settled or missed payments

but 6 of those markers will result in the CRF system marking the account defaulted.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your comments.

>

pers id stop talking to the muppets on the phone unless you > can record the call

> writing only.

The last conversation i recorded, but not sure how that helps me though other than tham blaming Equifax for this over EON - they are saying its how Equifax works.

> send them an sar get all the details they hold on your

I am doing that, he tried to talk me out of it saying if i gave him my address he would send out my bills :) . But pretty know what that says bill wise. They are saying they have no record of the final bill being paid, even though they have marked as settled on my credit files.

>just remember that they had a new billing system installed some months back

>and are down on record as stating it completely screwed 100'000 of consumer records >making them false/useless to reality.

I guess that explains the errors then.

> no its nothing to do with the CCA

>and no they don't issue default notice nor have to abide by any 'limits'

>all they simply do is report if you are late/short settled or missed payments

> but 6 of those markers will result in the CRF system marking the account defaulted

I guess EON saying you have missed 5 payments rather then 2 payments is a way to mislead Equifax. The data is fundamentally incorrect and misleading. To then settle the account and open another account allowing multiple defaults to be created for one account again is misleading.

I have sent a request to Equifax to get their take on it - but suspect as you say its not them its EON and how they are reporting the information.

If there is a data issue, then put in a complaint to EON and Equifax. If not resolved, you can involve the ICO, who can order for your data to be corrected.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Morning woodyuk,

Sorry to hear you’ve had problems with your credit file and not getting the answers you want from us.

When you called us did you raise a complaint? If not, give us a call back and say you would like to raise a complaint and then your account will be passed to a complaints manager to investigate.

You’ll be able to find our full complaints handling procedure on our website.

“just remember that they had a new billing system installed some months back

and are down on record as stating it completely screwed 100'000 of consumer records making them false/useless to reality.”

@dx100uk we haven’t had any new billing systems, are you getting us mixed up with anyother supplier?

Thanks

Amy

probably knowing me Npower was it?

hows malc doing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...