Merseyflow website misleading?

scouserat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just been viewing the Merseyflow website for the second bridge crossing that's just opened. The website can be found here: https://www.merseyflow.co.uk/faqs/penalties

To quote them: "A PCN is a legal document, carries a fine of £40, and will be issued to the home address of the registered keeper...

...If the PCN remains unpaid beyond this 42-day period then the penalty will be registered as a civil debt and if unpaid after another 36 days, recovery action will begin."

I'm just wondering whether the wording here is misleading and/or illegal. As far as I was aware, private companies couldn't issue penalty charges and fines.

P.S: Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

same applies to all council parking tickets,

they are effectively PENALTY CHARGES for breaches of a contractual obligation to adhere to certain local arrangements that are allowed by law.

The fine is a method of getting you to change your habits rather than recover any loss.

That is why the POFA excludes certain places as not being relevant land such as harbours, airports and railway stations.

Each of these have their own byelaws and the dartcharge merseyflow etc allow penalties and they are enforced as a civil matter becasue they are not FINES