VCS windscreen PCN - my underground parking space

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 The date of infringement?

18/10/2017

2 Did you appeal to the parking company? Have you received a Notice To Keeper?

No. Not through the post. There was a PCN style document left on the windscreen instructing to go to myparkingcharge.co.uk although it claimed 'This is not a PCN'

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA)

No

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

N/A

5 Who is the parking company?

Vehicle Control Services Ltd

---------------

I pay a monthly fee for an underground car park space on land owned by an apartment building development company. I have a tax disk style parking permit issued by VCS.

The car park is patrolled by VCS.

I came down this afternoon to find a myparkingcharge notification saying to log into their portal to view evidence of a parking T&C contravention.

I looked over at my car park permit to find it upside down, when I was driving home yesterday with the windows open it must have shifted around and landed face down.

In the 'evidence' photographs taken by the so called parking 'agent' you can see the disk. Upside down but it is obvious what it is. I have parked there for 7 months, surely he recognises my car and will have seen the disk countless times before.

i.imgur.com/FJxk1pS.jpg

I righted the disk and phoned VCS who advised to lodge an appeal. I looked into that but upon seeing the form that requests personal details and the requirement to check a checkbox that says "I accept these facts as they are presented" or something similar - there is absolutely no bloody way am I doing that and providing them with that information or checking that box.

I pay for a valid parking permit. I'm not a paying £60 'fine' (private company issuing a fine, yeah ok) for 1) the ramifications of gravity and 2) because some **** has spotted an opportunity to extort some commission.

I spoke to the landowners, the company I rent the apartment from who agreed with my point of view and said they'd contact VCS and get this ridiculous charge squashed.

They have done so however I heard back saying that there is a remaining 'reduced settlement charge' of £20.

I phoned VCS who said if I refused to pay they would pass the matter onto a debt collection agency.

I know all about Simon Renshaw-Smith. I will not be one of his victims.

Please find screenshots below of all relevant contracts/documentation.

i.imgur.com/ndKKenf.jpg

i.imgur.com/BSRAIVL.jpg

i.imgur.com/9JOBEt0.jpg

The parking permit was, after signing the above parking contract with the landlord, presented to me enclosed with the following document from VCS.

1) I did not sign this document, nor have ever explicitly agreed to accept its stipulations

2) I did not agree at any stage to explicitly enter into a contract with VCS

3) The first I knew of any association with VCS is when I opened an envelope to find this letter with permit disc attached

i.imgur.com/PV4kfC4.jpg

Seeking your advice and experience.

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha this reads like a comic strip.......brilliant.......

Ignore is my first advice, and let them forward it to a powerless DCA, what the hell on earth do they think that empty threat is going to do??

I'd simply report them and let it run so they can hammer all the nails in, absolutely hilarious, are people really this dumb?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

they didn't use the word fine at all

why are you.

if you wish to post images

you'll have to use PDF.

have you received the notice to keeper

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

silly man

its not a fine

they cant fine you

only issue speculative invoices because you supposedly broke some imaginary contract.

await the NTK

go silent.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link all the images in a single PDF then upload, Looks like VCS might find themselves micturating into a hurricane if they carry on with this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

also from now on you DONT use email, you use a pen and paper.

VCS now have your email address so they can harass you for free.

The landowner will simply pass the matter on so if you had written they would have had to contact VCS using their own elmail or whatever rather than just forwarding yours with a one line note telling them to look into this.

However, you have supremacy of contract, you pay the landowner to be there, not pay VCS for a licence

the permit is an administrative convenience to quickly identify those who are there by right not a method of chislelling money because you haven't got it the right way up. They should double side print them.

In short, the terms on ther signs dont apply to you once you get past the words "permit holders only" the rest is not anything you have to take notice of.