Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Rin Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2014

Default Told to change employer

I was recently told that the department that I work in as a field engineer has been outsourced. The new company will take on all the staff contracts. I have been with the company for many years and would be happy to be made redundant, however they say that it is not possible as I either go over or will loose my job through choosing not to go. Is this correct or can I push for redundancyicon?

Basic Account Holder Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative

Cagger since : Nov 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I was recently told that the department that I work in as a field engineer has been outsourced. The new company will take on all the staff contracts. I have been with the company for many years and would be happy to be made redundant, however they say that it is not possible as I either go over or will loose my job through choosing not to go. Is this correct or can I push for redundancyicon?
    Yes it is correct. Redundancy is not something you can claim. It isn't a choice. You go, or you are resigning.

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Default Re: Told to change employer

the law is designed to KEEP people in employment wherever possible. Which seems right.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Rin Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2014

Default Re: Told to change employer

Thank you for the replies I understand now why it is happening like it is at work.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details