Yet Another X4Less/Harlands one

Wads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up for the 12 month student deal £11.99/month a few weeks back

decided to stop it as I no longer needed the gym.

As I hadn't activated my account for their website I just cancelled the DD (which weirdly just said £0.00?).

I realise that was not sufficient enough.

Skip forward to yesterday,

I receive the lovely email from Harlands saying I owe the first month's fee + the classic £25.00 admin charge - adding to £36.99 .

I then go on X4L website and submit the cancellation form (saying I'm relocating and backing up with a bill).

I then received an email today from X4L saying my account is in default and in order to move forward with the cancellation process I need to call "their support team on 0113 2038602" - which I checked online goes to Harlands.

Now, despite not even setting foot in the gym

I am willing to pay the first month's fee and even the second (as you have to give a months notice).

However, that admin fee is not happening.

How should I go about paying the month fee to allow the cancellation?

I get the feeling I will have the "if you don't pay the full amount we won't cancel your subscription" which I want to avoid.

Could anyone help me please?

Thanks

tough they cant do that

you simple send them a letter OFFERING the one months member to cover the 30days after you cancelled.

if they don't accept

simply ignore them.

just remember a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and gyms don't do court

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Wads and welcome to CAG

1. Did you join online, or when visiting the gym in person.

2. How long after signing up did you cancel the DD mandate.

Do not contact the gym or Harlands/CRS at all for now, until we have the info we need from you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hey,

1. I joined online.

2. I joined on 30th Sep and either cancelled the DD on the 3rd or 8th Oct.

I sent the cancellation form on the 17th (which is outside the cooling period).

Should I write to X4L saying that I will agree to pay for the first month but not admin fees?

Thanks

Thanks Wads

If you joined online,you should have had the benefit of a Cooling Off period.

Cancelling the DD mandate was adequate proof of your desire to cancel - the date you used their dedicated cancellation form is irrelevant. Of course Harlands would like you to believe otherwise but we know better.

No need to write to the gym for now - it'll get you nowhere. You should focus on dealing with Harlands for now but no need to contact them just yet.

Keep us posted !

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

What date did you cancel The DD mandate ?

This will be the effective of cancelling, not the date you tried to cancel using their online system.