style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My partner has received a 'final notice' from marstons regards to a fine until today she had no knowledge of.

After ringing the HMCTS, she found that the fine related to a judgement from April 2017 for not insuring a vehicle she was registered keeper for

(she had reported as SORN but admits had no confirmation).

Presumably as the vehicle was registered at a previous address then any court documents wouldve gone there.

She ignored the first notice from Marstons

today they put a 'final notice' through the door threatening that they can break in using a locksmith and remove goods for sale next time they visit.

I have advised her that a statutory declaration needs to be done, which she will get signed by solicitor tomorrow afternoon and sent recorded delivery to court. am i correct?

As this is deemed as a criminal charge, are they correct in implying they can break in if we are not home?

Thanks

Forgot to say the amount they are claiming to get back is £660

if the vehicle was sorn'd and not on the road why was she fined for unnecessary insurance?

doesn't add up?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello,

I have advised her that a statutory declaration needs to be done, which she will get signed by solicitor tomorrow afternoon and sent recorded delivery to court. Am I correct?

As this is deemed as a criminal charge, are they correct in implying they can break in if we are not home? Thanks

As this matter relates to a magistrates court fine then yes, there is a provision to force entry.

I have written often on here that the correct procedure is to speak with the issuing court to obtain details of the offence date and conviction date and address where notice had been sent etc and to then contact the nearest Magistrate Court to make an appointment for a Statutory Declaration.

What advice did your partner receive when she spoke with HMCTS today?

if the vehicle was sorn'd and not on the road why was she fined for unnecessary insurance?

doesn't add up?

Probably because DVLA didn't process the SORN properly, they have form for this. No SORN needs to be insured taxed MOT etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

yea mores probable

time to pull the dvla's

has she proof she sorn'd

dvla have been known to lose 1000's of letters every week

if you can prove you did

then it might blow the whole thing right out the water?

think we've seen this before here too..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If SORN online a screen dump of the successful SORN saved is a good way to prove they have screwed up; also having the page and reciept emailed to you with the reference is a must if doing it online.

As DX indicates that so rt of proof could be used for a Stat Dec if bailiff knock was first someone knew.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!