Housing benefit question

bs0lth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me.

My daughters boyfriend is about to be evicted on Thursday, we tried to fight it but it was upheld today and it's brough forward a couple of questions.

He's currently getting housing benefit because he works only 16 hours a week, until this week he was only getting a percentage of his rent, now my first question is this, is it a set amount he gets or is it a percentage of his rent? I don't know if I'm explaining it well. But his rent was £95 per week and he had to pay £35 of it. Is this a percentage of the rent taking into account his earnings or is it a set amount?

The second question, is that he's been offered a flat that will become vacant on the 27th of October. Is he allowed to start the process of claiming housing benefit and the disgressionary council payments straight away. I know that it will take time for the payments to be worked out and started so can he start the claim even though he's not going to be actually living there until the current tenants vacate the premises.

Thanks in advance

What I should also said is that his new rents £450 per month, going on the previous housing benefit if his weekly rent is £103 per week will the housing benefit be £60 per week leaving him to find the rest?

Ok, different question.

Daughters boyfriend again, is about to be evicted n Thursday. If I take him in he's going to be 45 miles away from work. He doesn't drive, and the bus will cost him over £20 per day to get to work.... Coincide ring he works 4 hrs a day at £7.50 per hour this isn't going to be feesable and he's going to loose his job.

Is the pending homelessness a valid reason for not being able to get to work? And could he be able to claim JSA?

I've scoured the web and council websites and actually think I've found the answer to the question myself.

It looks like it's a set amount of £63 per week housing benefit leaving him to find the rest. However the is the discressionary payment which he will have to apply separately for but there is no guarantee because once the council have used them up that's it for the year.