Manchester - upside down ticket - pcn received **CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a council owned car park and paid for 4 hours, when I returned I had a PCN on my windscreen. It was night, dark (poorly lit) and I wear glasses. I had no idea it was upside down. £50 charge reduced to £25 if i pay within 14 days.

"83 Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket or voucher or parking clock"

DOesnt matter if it was upside down. You had the ticket and it was displayed.

Quick question, when you say upside down, was all the info still clearly displayed ont he ticket?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

problem then as I see it, wearing glasses not the issue, as still can see on exit as car light interior comes on? sure others will respond and advise anything you can do?? all entries usually say show face up for inspection.?? Many of us wear glasses so little hope on that one. annoying as it may be to get a charge.:mad2:

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

problem then as I see it, wearing glasses not the issue, as still can see on exit as car light interior comes on? sure others will respond and advise anything you can do?? all entries usually say show face up for inspection.?? Many of us wear glasses so little hope on that one. annoying as it may be to get a charge.:mad2:

i know, annoying when youve paid though. to err is human and all that...

appeal it'll work out ok

send a copy of the ticket too.

I assume they produced pictures to prove there was a ticket but was not up the right way...

simple fell down or moved when you shut the door

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you appealed to the council? I had a friend do this when they did the same in Dundee. The ticket has a reference number on the front and the back. This reference number appeared in their evidence photos, so my friend wrote to the council with proof that they had paid for that date and time (a photo of both sides of the ticket) and they recinded the PCN.

Have you appealed to the council? I had a friend do this when they did the same in Dundee. The ticket has a reference number on the front and the back. This reference number appeared in their evidence photos, so my friend wrote to the council with proof that they had paid for that date and time (a photo of both sides of the ticket) and they recinded the PCN.

Now thats a really good point, i have checked and the reference number is the same. i will use that as my proof and see what they say

appeal it'll work out ok

send a copy of the ticket too.

I assume they produced pictures to prove there was a ticket but was not up the right way...

simple fell down or moved when you shut the door

Yeah, i'll give it a go, thanks.

Law on the council side but most will cancel as you can show that you paid to be there Generally of it is the first time you have had this issue then it is a shoo in.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I emailed the council, enclosed a copy of the front of my ticket and pointed out the ticket number was visible on THEIR photo and my ticket matched. Therefore no loss to them had occurred.

Three weeks later they emailed back and said they would on this occasion cancel the ticket.

Thankyou for keeping us updated, and well done :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D