HMRC Overpayment and before phoning

mutlet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ignore pastclue, fools.

If HMRC want their money then they can afford to set up a payment plan and give you their bank details.

DO NOT pay pastclue. If HMRC don't wish to be responsible for the account, then you pay nothing.

Most definitely DO NOT start robbing peter to pay paul, getting further into debt to pay of a debt is as sensible as indicators on a submarine.

If it is pastclue demanding payment in full, you can IGNOR them entirely, they're NOT Bailiffs, nor will they ever be, get back onto HMRC tell them to take responsibility for their actions.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you for the advice London1971, unfortunately the link doesn't work. I have found other archived COP 26 pdf's but the other page 11's don't seem relevant to this, could you tell me what I'm looking for please. many thanks.

If you need to discuss financial hardship with us, but exceptional

circumstances such as a family crisis, mean that you don’t have

time to give us the full details, please try and give us a quick call

to explain this. We’ll put the recovery on hold until you can

discuss your situation in detail.

When you phone we may ask you about any family

circumstances that may lead to extra living costs. For example

if you’re looking after someone who is chronically ill or disabled.

In some exceptional circumstances, we may cancel an

overpayment altogether.

If you can’t pay for your essential living expenses such as your

rent, gas or electricity and:

• you’re paying back an overpayment directly

• we’ve reduced your ongoing payments so you can pay back an

overpayment, or

• we’ve asked you to pay back an overpayment

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

@ London1971 and Bazooka Boo Thank you I feel a lot calmer now we have a plan of action (sort of). Credit card idea is now on hold and hope to sort this without the DCA involvement, just seemed an ideal way to get rid of mail fear. Once again many thanks have a great weekend and I will report back in the future with a thread update.

@ London1971 and Bazooka Boo Thank you I feel a lot calmer now we have a plan of action (sort of). Credit card idea is now on hold and hope to sort this without the DCA involvement, just seemed an ideal way to get rid of mail fear. Once again many thanks have a great weekend and I will report back in the future with a thread update.

No need to fear any mail from a DCA

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread