Speed Trap Van

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday morning i was travelling into work a long the road, the local speed trap van is normally parked the the lay by but this time the van was parked in the middle of the dividing land hidden in trees

speed van.PNG

Is it legal for a speed van to hide within trees ?

Yesterday morning i was travelling into work a long the road, the local speed trap van is normally parked the the lay by but this time the van was parked in the middle of the dividing land hidden in trees

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69406[/ATTACH]

Is it legal for a speed van to hide within trees ?

Was the van actually parked on the grass verge?

That picture doesn’t show the van parked on the verge, so it is hard to tell if it was legally parked or not.

What difference if it wasn’t legally parked?

You could complain, at most.

What is the speed limit there?

If you were speeding, if the van was legally parked or not, you could still get a speeding ticket.

I was travelling long at 40 mph and over took a slow moving crane/lorry so at the time when i pasted the speed trap i was doing 45 mph.

If you were doing 45 mph at the time you were clocked you should not expect enforcement to be taken. In a 40mph limit enforcement begins at 46mph. However you may have been travelling faster than 45mph when your speed was measured. A NIP must be served on the Registered Keeper within 14 days of the alleged offence but there are no time limits for subsequent NIPs if the Registered Keeper names someone else as the driver (apart from the overall limit of six months to begin a prosecution). The siting of the van is of no relevance whatsoever and even if parked illegally does not provide a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.