Travel agent wouldn't change or refund holiday after Monarch Collapse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We booked a holiday with a well known travel agent in our region with monarch and were due to go early November. As a relative works for this company we received a little more discount. When Monarch collapsed we were told that we would have to pay again and could not receive a refund. After a lot of angry words we changed our holiday to the same hotel flying with another company and from a different airport and paid the full amount again. We were told we would have to wait for the caa claim form to arrive and then make a claim as we received the extra discount and it was company policy that a refund couldn't be given to 'staff bookings' although this is not stated in the company handbook. I would not have minded paying the difference between the original cost and the new cost but having spoken to others and reading of others who had the simple task of changing or getting a refund, I would like to know my rights in this case. My contract is with the travel agent who are just not bothered. Unfortunately I paid for the holiday on a debit card and have been unable to get a charge back through my bank.

Any advice will be appreciated as I can not see why I have to wait to receive my money back when others didn't.

was it a true package holiday or was it flights + accommodation sold at the sa,e time? I'm sure they are very busy but you should be contacting ABTA if it is the former.

The guff bout staff discounts negating the contract isnt true and if it was it would be an unfair term (short of having free flights as part of the package)

It was a full holiday package. The caa have said that claim forms will be sent to travel agent by 16th but I feel VERY aggrieved that I will have to wait for the claim to go through when others haven't. Will contact ABTA if I don't get it resolved. Many Thanks.