Monarch Package Holiday with ATOL Protection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A package holiday was booked in July for an All Inclusive Holiday for myself and my daughter. The assistant at the time of booking didn't in still confidence in what she was doing but the first deposit was paid in cash. We then made smaller payments 2 x credit card, 1 x debit card and further cash. Atol protected for November 2017.

The assistance hadn't explained that we were to go online to add our passenger information onto Monarchs system, I had found this out when going through the paperwork several days later. As I couldn't access the system to do this, I visited the TA who said, " Monarch have advised us you can do this at the airport". As this is a legal requirement I didn't feel comfortable with her explanation and she tried to go online and see if she could input the information, but said you can't get online because you do not have the correct code! I therefore requested a call back from the manager to discuss this further.

I left it a few days and tried the online facility again and finally managed to complete the passenger information and received acknowledgment from Monarch by email that this was all now complete and ok.

A few days later I received a telephone call from someone at the TA, saying she had JUST received my request for call back and it appeared from her system that it was all complete, I hasten to add she found it amusing! I politely said, "with no thanks to TUI I have managed to do this myself, and that I wasn't ahppy with the lack of customer service and was disappointed that she found this funny"

THEN.....................4 days later Monarch GO BUST!!!

The attitude from TUI is disgusting. They started off by saying its our priority to get those stranded folk home first, then we'll get to your booking. Your on our list and we'll contact you when we can. You can book another holiday but you will have to pay for it and wait for the refund of monies to come back via CAA process. You cannot book a holiday using those funds.

I have been following the CAA website and have liaised with my credit card company - ha! that was another one hour 13 minute telephone call talking to someone from Mumbai who also didn't know how they were to handle this Monarch situation. They advised me, eventually that they would refund 2 x payments made to TUI and raise a dispute for the remainder of monies paid and get back to me.

The next day a manager from credit card company said I had been given incorrect information from her colleague and that I would not be receiveing any funds from them as I was to claim via TUI through the ATOL process.

The next day I received the 2 x credit card payments refund plus interest ..........................

According to the CAA website it said that customers who had booked through TA would have a claim form available by 11th October to be completed in order to submit a claim. Claims would be taking approximately 28 days to turn around.

Naturally, this will not be in time to be abroad on the dates we had originally booked for, which admittedly are for sentimental reasons but, still important to us but we get that this is Monarchs fault, not TUI.

However, today TUI have advised that the claim forms are still not available until 16th October due to further delays by CAA.

Car parking for Leeds airport was booked and paid for inadvance via debit card and the bank have verbally refused chargeback facility because the service is still available! How do I stand legally on that one please? I don't need to park in Leeds airport in November now as holiday was cancelled due to Monarchs collapse........

Totally and utterly exhausted, yet were supposed to be protected!

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

you cant be the only one needing to cancel car parking.

ring the operator directly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...