Northern Rock ICO, Cannot find Creditor to Clear debt/remove from Land Registry

tigerf999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an Interim charging order placed on my home by Northern Rock in 2007.

I am in the process of selling my house now and I need to get this interim charging order note to be removed from the Land Registry.

The last communication i've had on behalf of Northern Rock was in 2012 communicating that this debt has been sent back to Northern Rock Assets Management. The contact details/phone numbers provided to me then are no longer valid.

How do I deal with this?

I am in a position to settle this debt but am struggling to find the company that has got my account.

I called the last company that communicated to me in 2012 but they do not have my account.

There are too many contacts for NRAM I found via google but they are all for PPI recovery.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Also, if I wouldn't find who holds my account,

can I apply to court to get this removed in the light of the creditor does no longer exist?

Thank you in advance for your help

simple answer is no

they do exist

but

can we have the text of the charge from LR please

verbatim as written.

and tell use what kind of loan was this?

and if the home was in joint names and the order is in joint or single name

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The precise text from the Land Register was

"(31.05.2007) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the Cardiff County Court dated .... 2007 in favour of Northern Rock PLC".

NOTE: Copy Filed

I have applied for a copy from the LR using form OC2

The loan was an "unsecured" and everything was on a single name (mine only).

Thank you

Found these details on the FCA register. Karen Lacy Roberts is presumably a compliance officer, so will know who would deal with your enquiry. Or give the Switchboard a call.

Croft Road

Bingley

West Yorkshire BD16 2UA

Head office switchboard 0845 6099610

Contact Email:

KAREN LACY-ROBERTS

[email protected]

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

The precise text from the Land Register was "(31.05.2007) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the Cardiff county courticon dated .... 2007 in favour of Northern Rockicon PLC". NOTE: Copy Filed

I have applied for a copy from the LR using form OC2

The loan was an "unsecured" and everything was on a single name (mine only).

Thank you

If it was an unsecured loan...did they get a CCJ against you ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes a CCJ was entered against me

I have since tracked the Loan that was being managed by NRAM then sold on again to Marlin (another DCA).

Surely this loan is statute barred if 10 years old and the original Lender no longer exists, then I should be able to get it removed from Land registry?

nope cant be statute barred with a CCJ/CO.

so NR/NRAM sold it to Marlin DCA [cabot group]

but they didn't get the charge changed to their Name...urm..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes a CCJ was entered against me

I have since tracked the Loan that was being managed by NRAM then sold on again to Marlin (another DCA).

Surely this loan is statute barred if 10 years old and the original Lender no longer exists, then I should be able to get it removed from Land registry?

Never statute barred after a CCJ.

They applied an interim charging in the hope of getting paid if the house was sold.

The interim charging order would not prevent a house being sold and if the creditor owed the money did not respond after being notified, then any Solicitors would surely be entitled to pass all sale proceeds to their client. Your Solicitors would surely just notify land registry.

No expert on this, but Solicitors must have a process they follow in your situation. They must come across very old interim charging orders where Banks no longer exist.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Correct dx100uk, apparently they sold it in 2013 but I didn't get any notification.

I wrote to NRAM and then to Cabot asking for details on my account and thats how I found out.

It all appears very shady with minimum information.

The letter I received from Cabot specifies the debt sold to Marlin as unsecured (no mention of CO or CCJ)

They haven't mentioned anything about repayment at all which is odd considering.

Edited by tigerf999

and you don't tell cabot either about the CCJ/CO.!!

I bet this is quite a low figure CCJ too?

know NRAM it'll be all flippin' bogus insurance and penalty fees

and they

The problem is I need to sell my house. How can I progress with this situation?

and you don't tell cabot either about the CCJ/CO.!!

I bet this is quite a low figure CCJ too?

know NRAM it'll be all flippin' bogus insurance and penalty fees

Thanks, I think I maybe need to speak to a conveyancer

Never statute barred after a CCJ.

They applied an interim charging in the hope of getting paid if the house was sold.

The interim charging order would not prevent a house being sold and if the creditor owed the money did not respond after being notified, then any Solicitors would surely be entitled to pass all sale proceeds to their client. Your Solicitors would surely just notify land registry.

No expert on this, but Solicitors must have a process they follow in your situation. They must come across very old interim charging orders where Banks no longer exist.

have you ACTUALLY tried to sell and have been told you must pay it?

dx

and they

I haven't been told that i must pay it, I looked on Land Registry for any issues prior to selling and noticed 2 equitable charges, the main one Northern Rock and one from HFC, ironically both companies no longer exist. I was under the impression that this would be picked up by the buyers Solicitor and insists on it being cleared before any sale.

have you ACTUALLY tried to sell and have been told you must pay it?

dx

they do both exist

why do you keep saying they don't.

but as one ha been sold

and the buyer knows nowt about it and its not in their name

odds on the 2nd has been sold on too.

and they

As per Companies House HFC Bank Ltd is liquidated, it had been taken over by HSBC (HSBC has a zero balance on my account).

Northern Rock became NRAM. NRAM doesn't have my account either.

The third parties bought the debts as "unsecured" loan but I haven't contacted them yet.

My other concern is

- are those third parties have legal rights to remove the CCJ/equitable charge considering the debt registered with them as unsecured and the CCJ/CO is still with the original companies (HFC and Northern Rock)?

Any advice?

Edited by tigerf999

no they don't even know they are there.

and they

If you need to sell the house then just plough on with this and discuss the issue with a Solicitors that handles conveyancing. If there is just an interim charge, then after Solicitors notifying the creditors at the address shown on the land registry the house is being sold, if the creditors do not reply, then you will get the sale proceeds.

It is not your problem if these Banks have transferred ownership of your debts and are rubbish at maintaining records.

and they

Thanks, I will contact my conveyancer tomorrow. Will keep you updated

If you need to sell the house then just plough on with this and discuss the issue with a Solicitors that handles conveyancing. If there is just an interim charge, then after Solicitors notifying the creditors at the address shown on the land registry the house is being sold, if the creditors do not reply, then you will get the sale proceeds.

It is not your problem if these Banks have transferred ownership of your debts and are rubbish at maintaining records.

Thanks