Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder PinkPotato Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2017

Default Should I claim PPI?

Hi,

Trying to sort a few things out and get myself back on my feet and would really appreciate some advice please.

A few years ago I got myself into a debt mess (best way of describing it).

Had charges put on home and avoided creditors for many years so that debts became statute barredicon.

Sold house and paid off the charges on the house in full, other debts are now statute barred as over 6 years old and no payments or acknowledgement of debt made.

I was wondering if it is safe and okay to reclaim PPIicon on these old debts (some of which I did not finish paying off).

The charges put on the house were considerable (40,000+)........yes, I got in a big mess and wish I had known about CAGicon back then!

Just some advice as to whether the PPI is worth pursuing or whether I am going to drag up old issues/problems would be much appreciated.
    I know I paid some PPI, especially to Household Bank and it would just help me start getting back on my feet after a really hostile divorceicon in which I basically lost everything.

Many Thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Should I claim PPI?

ofc ourse you can and it doesn't matter if its with 6yrs either

by household bank do you mean HFC

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder PinkPotato Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2017

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, HFC. Also Cahoot, MBNAicon, Citi Financial, and some others, just need to try to remember who they were.

Thanks again.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

well all of those and their details are here
    no need for a silly letter
    nor stupid Claim management fleecers.

SARicon will be your 1st port of call to each lender..

get all the details/statements

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details