• Tweets

• Part of a settlement agreement.   concerbs over her nane online we’re raised and I was blamed for bad mouthing. I explained I put nothing up myself.  cannot discuss details of the case as per agreement.  
    • The sticky thread is locked because it's just a template thread. We need to see the invoice you're disputing. And for you to answer the questions below (I'm guessing this is an ANPR capture, the vast majority of tickets are) -   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement Give answer here   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Give answer here   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? Give answer here   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Give answer here   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Give answer here   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up both sides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY
    • Perfect, thanks Dave.   You're right, a whole dodo storm this has been. As sons of first-generation immigrant parents, whenever something like this happens the old man panics. There was a whole "appeal this now" because my dad paid for the parking as he was with the hirer at the time and he isn't as tech-savvy as my brother so he ended up doing what he did and because I don't live there anymore it came all the way down to this.  But yes, we'll do this SAR and see what comes of it.  Will keep posting here with the hopes that it may benefit someone in the future.  Thanks again, everyone. 
    • saying the thread is locked, what shall I do?
    • Please fill in the forum sticky and upload a copy of the invoice, redacted of anything that could identify you -  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EON chasing me for someone else's bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sold house in December 2014, exchanged in early January 2015, spoke to EON, took meter reading and took photo of meter.

Weirdly we had no bills from EON since 2006.

Heard nothing.

Today get letter from EON demanding £109.57.

Turns out actual energy usage was £31.45.

But that relates to a bill from October 30th 2015 to December 30th 2015

So somone else's bill

They also claim that there's a £55 call out fee and a £10 extra fee.

But refuse to provide an actual bill, and are stalling when I ask for a breakdown of the £109.57.

Oddly the lack of bills from 2006 to 2010 is because we were in credit and 2 payments from the Government (??) - why would the government pay our electricity bill?

The story keeps changing.

Asked why no bills had ever been sent prior to this, despite asking for one.

Spent the whole day on phone trying to sort this out.

Despite having the photo of the meter and proof of sale, which EON wanted earlier in the day, they now don't want it and are not prepared to discuss the issue any further.

I assume a court date is next and my credit rating has been trashed?

Any ideas how to resolve what should have been an easy to resolve issue?

they cant backbill outside of 12mts

you owe nowt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are saying that they did not know that I'd sold the house, therefore I'm responsible for the next mans bills, and the £55 debt collector and £10 late payment charge.

I did say that I though they could not go back more that 12 months, so I think they're just after me for the last bill, which was someone else's bill.

They did ring a few times asking for the person I sold it to, but I just said they had the wrong number or that I'd call them back, but when you call the number they ring you on it's just a recorded message.

late payment charges and DCA fees are unlawful anyway too

lets them willy wave

theres nowt they can do to you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But they somehow tracked me down to my new address, presumably my credit rating will be trashed.

They say that I have no proof that I've not had the monthly bills dropping through the letter box for 8(!) years and no proof that I contacted them to say we'd sold up.

Bill before last was paid online and they say that I elected in 2005 to only be billed online, but they say I logged in on the 7th of March 2005 3 times and never again, but next and final bill was paid on 5th December 2006, so they must have been sending paper bills otherwise I'd not have known about it.

I offered to pay the actual bill, even though it's not mine if the dropped the £55 visit charge, but they refused.

Seems to be a shambles of a company, person from resolution team was livid that I was given the cost of units and units used by previous woman, I should not have been given that information apparently.

I can't get a straight answer out of them and now they refuse to deal with me.

Court next?

because you are soo keen on beating yourself up over this they are taking advantage of you.

You owe them nothing so stop bothering them and ignore anything they say as you can see it is nonsense

They arent going to take you to court and you cant take them to court for being incompetent..

• 2 weeks later...
Sold house in December 2014, exchanged in early January 2015, spoke to EON, took meter reading and took photo of meter.

Weirdly we had no bills from EON since 2006.

Heard nothing.

Today get letter from EON demanding £109.57.

Turns out actual energy usage was £31.45.

But that relates to a bill from October 30th 2015 to December 30th 2015

So somone else's bill

They also claim that there's a £55 call out fee and a £10 extra fee.

But refuse to provide an actual bill, and are stalling when I ask for a breakdown of the £109.57.

Oddly the lack of bills from 2006 to 2010 is because we were in credit and 2 payments from the Government (??) - why would the government pay our electricity bill?

The story keeps changing.

Asked why no bills had ever been sent prior to this, despite asking for one.

Spent the whole day on phone trying to sort this out.

Despite having the photo of the meter and proof of sale, which EON wanted earlier in the day, they now don't want it and are not prepared to discuss the issue any further.

I assume a court date is next and my credit rating has been trashed?

Any ideas how to resolve what should have been an easy to resolve issue?

Good morning and thank for your post.

I'm not sure I can offer much advice due to the level the complaint has reached to be honest.

I think you need to have a look at the complaints handling procedure, it's on our website (I'm not allowed to post links)

Then I think you need to get back in contact with the complaints manager who is dealing with this for you.

To me it sounds more complicated maybe and without knowing the actual details, I wouldn't want to tell you the wrong thing.

I do hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Helena

you should be able to post links?

and they

• 7 months later...

We sold a house back in 2014, informed the various utilities/council.

Fast forward to 2017 and EON sent me a bill for £119.

Turns out the person we sold the house to sold it on again and didn't pay their electricity bill.

I asked for a breakdown of the bill, but was refused, told that account was null and void and no copies of bills could be provided.

Weirdly I'd not had an electricity bill since 2006, but when I called from time to time they said that was because the house was marked as empty - which it was.

So I complain to EON, woman at complaints finds against me (no surprise there) and laughed at me when I said I'd go to the ombudsman.

Having gone to the ombudsman I now know why she laughed at me, case handler was beyond useless, could not grasp the situation, refused to see proof of sale, and then found against me for not providing proof of sale, refused to accept that the house had been sold.

So I refused to accept the decision, and asked to make a formal complaint against the ombudsman (which turns out to be some ltd company) - no luck there, no ombudsman for ombudsman.

But useless case handler did get copies of the missing bills, which show the account was in credit by £44.

I did take photos of the meters on moving day, but EON aren't interested.

My credit file shows a default now, previously spotless, and EON sill owe me £44.

But now I have daily recorded phone calls from Wescott.

Any ideas how to solve this?

How about letter before claim to EON head office legal department, threatening to issue a county court claim for the £44 and to have the default they added in error removed. Give them 14 days to pay the £44 and remove the default or you will issue the court claim against them. If they don't respond, issue the court claim.

When you send the letter before claim, include details of when house sold and how the £44 has been calculated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Seems like a plan, should I write to Wescot (who charged me £5 for the letter they sent me)?

Wescot say that if I cough up promptly:

"Could reduce the negative impact on future tariffs you might be offered from other energy providers"

Is there some black list for utilities? Seems unfair that falling out with one utility would lead me to have to overpay for energy and thus be cheated out of money by others?

Wescot can't charge you anything.

This debt has no effect on tariffs available.

There is no blacklist. Obviously when you apply to a new company, they contact previous supplier, but that is mostly about issues that might stop the transfer e.g debt over £500, fraud/metering issues.

Get the letter sent off to EON threatening the court claim. Just make sure you are certain about your facts i.e £44 owed and that you did not leave a debt behind.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I'll send them a letter, have to say they could not have been more unhelpful, the woman from collections was livid because some other call handler had told me what the price per unit was, said that was not information customers should have...

Imagine how many people just roll over and pay up, yet nobody from these utilities ever goes to prison.

• 1 month later...

Morning Ken Gunnel,

Sounds like you’ve been having a tough time trying to get this sorted.

I need to ask a few questions to get a better understanding-hope that’s ok.

When you moved in to the property did you give us your start readings?

When you sold the property, did you let us know and did you give us a set of final readings?

Did we send you a final bill and did you pay it?

The bill we recently sent you, are the dates correct, are the readings right and is the bill in your name?

If the bill is in your name, when you contact us we should have been able to discuss the account with you.

Once it goes to the Ombudsman it’s then out of our hands and we won’t be able to discuss the complaint.

Again sorry for all the questions!

Amy

The bill is dead and buried, EON are forgetting the back billing rule and hoping you won't be informed.

A letter before action is the way to go IMHO, the entry on your CRF could be seen as defamatory and that is what you would sue them for, defamation.

Keep everything in writing, have you written to their CEO regarding this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 year later...

In January 2015 we sold a house, the electricity supplier was EON.

I had telephoned them some months before completion to find out what the procedure was for closing the account, they wanted a photo of the meter, but could not do anything until it had actually sold.

Sale came and went, utilities dealt with, or at least so I thought.

Out of the blue in March 2017 EON wrote to say I owed them £109, and demanded payment.

Now the weird thing is I had not had an electricity bill since March 2005, so I asked for a breakdown of the amount.

They refused to provide it, I got the energy ombudsman involved who proved to be useless, but the one thing they managed to do is provide the bills.

Turns out we were £41 in credit when we moved and the £109 bill was covered the period up to November 2016, so somebody elses bill.

EON refused point blank to accept we had sold the house, despite me telling them at the time.

Today I've had a letter telling me Lowell Portfolio have bought the "debt" and its now £190.

I spoke to EON and they said my only way out is to take them to court (??)

Thing is who do I sue, EON or Lowell.

I spoke to Lowell and they just want me to pay the other mans bill, and claim not to be responsible for the money owed to me.

They won't accept any proof that we sold the house and it's not our debt.

Ideas?

ignore stop phoning people!!

old and new threads merged for history

dx

and they

Ken, you were told to take EON to Court 2 years ago.

Lowell are quite likely to issue a Court claim against you at some point.

Is this debt still on your credit record ?

Debt not showing on record.

I did imagine that Lowell would take me to court.

But now the account belongs to them surely I can take them to court to get back what's owed?

Or, is it statute bared anyway?

I've not made any payments to it since 2005, taking someone to court for £40 is a whole load of grief...

Do you mean 2005 or 2015 ?

You moved in 2015, so presumably that is when you last made a payment ?

If so, the debt won't be statute barred. It may not be showing on your credit record, as it was removed by EON and Lowell have not added it back on yet ?

Do you have proof of advising EON you sold the house and that you paid their last bil ?

Last payment was in March 2006, after that they just stopped sending bills.

The account was overpaid and stayed in credit all those years.

House was empty.

When we knew it was sold I rung them and was told to get a photo of the meter and ring them after we had compleated.

So I did, but it the person I spoke to could not help and I was promised a call back, which didn't happen.

I presume Lowell have added a load of fees to get it from £109 to £190?

I'll call Lowell in a while and offer to prove its not my bill and ask for a breakdown.

dca's cant add charges

AFAIK no dca has ever taken an old utils bill to court?

too many bills/acts of Par'l get in the way. inc back billng etc.

don't ring write! using royal mail.

that will also ensure, legally, that they have you correct address.

and they