Garage refusing to provide details on repairs to made to car under warranty

tillyfloss01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son bought a vehicle approx 6 months ago. After 1 week the vehicle broke down and it was returned to the dealer for repair under the warranty. They had the vehicle over one month and then it was returned. The same problem has occurred. The warranty has now expired but the fault on the car was quite a major one and I believe the work should have had some form of guarantee but the dealer is refusing to provide information on the work carried out and where the repair was completed staying that due to data protection they can not provide this and that they do not keep records. This all sounds dodgy and I would appreciate some advice on where to go next . Many thanks

duie to data protection? It is his car therefore his data so utter cobblers and that should ring alarm bells. How old is the car and what make/model. Others who know about common problems with particular marques can then inject their knowledge into this.

Thank you for your reply. The car is a 2009 BMW I am not sure of the model it is a small two door hatchback 2L. The car is sending out white smoke which it did previously when it was repaired so think it is the same problem and that the job wasnt completed properly but without the details on the job it isn't possible to have this confirmed. My son is going to seek advice from a solicitor in order to get the details of the work completed and by whom.

next thing, the warranty hasnt expired because their warranty cannot offer you less than your rights under the law. Now, as the car has been nothing but trouble it is possible to reject the car as being of unsatisfactory quality even at this stage because by returning it whenit broke down the clock hadnt stated ticking in this respect.

Your problem is that a dodgy car salesman will either ignore this inconvenient fact or not know the law anyway so expect a long fight. I would be returning the car but before that happens please tell us how it was paid for as you may well have a friend in the consumer credit act