Disability Impact Statement for Tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

New user finding his way around the forums, so apologies if I am in the wrong area here!

I have a Tribunal case coming up against a former employer, and they have requested an 'impact statement' about my disability which needs to be submitted this week. I wondered whether anyone has access to a template of any kind that I can work from, as I have no idea where to start?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

We don't use templates because every situation is different. However, as a general rule, we would start with an explanation of the disability and its impacts on day to day living, including any medications taken and any side effects of medications where relevant; and the dates and method that the employer was informed of these. We would then explain broadly how the events we have already described in our witness statement caused or exacerbated the negative impacts on the disability. So, for example, if the failure to provide a suitable seat for someone with spinal arthritis causes problems, I would describe the increase in pain and discomfort, any other physical results, any necessity to increase medication levels, any lingering effects after finishing work (so, perhaps, ongoing increased pain levels into the evening), and the total length of time that this went on for.

Your statement needs to outline concisely the way in which the actions or inactions of the employer made it more difficult to manage your disability, and how that reflected on your working situation (if it did - an example of this might be where someone suffering from anxiety performs badly, and the way the manager pulls them up on their performance increases their anxiety so they actually perform worse).

Does that help?