Unfair Treatment

loneranger21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all,

Its a long time since I have been on the forum however can you give me advice please.

I have a car loan with Barclays Bank.

I have never missed a payment.

I was made redundant in July and when I received my redundancy pay I called Barclays and asked if I could pay off a lump sum and then reduce the monthly payment.i.e pay off 50% of the loan and keep the term the same.

I was told I could pay lump sum but it would not reduce the payment only the term.

I think this is unfair.

I have now excercised my right to terminate the agreement and the money I was going to pay them I have used to buy another car with no finance.

The car is going back and they want me to take it to Manheim centre nearest is Bristol or they will collect but charge £150.

Manheim is not open on weekends which means I will lose a days work.

I have been told that they should have allowed me to reduce my payment as I was acting responsible/

I have had a row with them but am I right.

Any help appreciated and am I in the correct thread

X

Make sur eyou do the right kind of cancellation, so you end up owning nothing. Not even any charges.

When did you take out the finance? How much do you have left owing?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi LR,

The options open to you were surely set out in the T&C's of the credit agreement. Have you checked them thoroughly ?

If you're terminating the agreement, do you know the value you'll get for the car or will that depend on an auction ?

Re the charge to collect the car, this should be in the T&C's too.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi, Thank you for the replies ,

I am happy with the way I have ended the agreement and I have paid the required amount in order to allow me to end it as per CCA.

The issue I have is that they refused 50% payment to reduce the payment

they only said I could reduce the term which I didn't want

I am looking for some knowledge, guidance whether they should have refused this.

I understand terms and conditions however they are governed by CCA and that's the bit I am looking for.

under VT rules you only have to pay up to the 50% mark NO MORE

you have sent the VT letter?

else they'll be trying to sc@m you on VS.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...