Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder sgtbush Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2012

Default Re: Email address leak?

I've no idea! I'm.no techno wizard.
    I dont have an @Real_CAG email if that's what u mean.
    Its the email address that I used to register some time ago.
    I do know that I used to get the odd spam email once in a blue moon and now, over the past few days I'm getting loads

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Would you mind sending one of them to us on our adminicon address. Don't forward it. If you could attach it – as an attachment. Then I might be able to get someone to examine it and maybe get some clues from the headers.

Ta

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Matt_ Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your team - condolences.

I didn't get notification this thread had been updated today, presume that's connected with the "Find all posts" error : "connection to localhost:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

I just got another message, sent to my CAGicon specific email so I can identify each one. Have just forwarded all messages to your adminicon addy, along with headers.

Let me know if I can help - webmaster for 15 odd years, forum moderator and site adminicon for 13.

Basic Account Holder adamr Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2011

I've also received the emails previously mentioned, but fortunately I use unique everything for every site so there is no risk to me personally.

I think the responsible thing to do would be notify your userbase about this while also talking about the possible implications if using the same username/email/passwords on other sites.

best of luck.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your team - condolences.

I didn't get notification this thread had been updated today, presume that's connected with the "Find all posts" error : "connection to localhost:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

I just got another message, sent to my CAGicon specific email so I can identify each one. Have just forwarded all messages to your adminicon addy, along with headers.

Let me know if I can help - webmaster for 15 odd years, forum moderator and site adminicon for 13.
    received. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by adamr View Post
    I've also received the emails previously mentioned, but fortunately I use unique everything for every site so there is no risk to me personally.

I think the responsible thing to do would be notify your userbase about this while also talking about the possible implications if using the same username/email/passwords on other sites.

best of luck.
    thanks for the best wishes. I'm afraid that alerting our user base to this is very difficult because it means we would have to send over 1/4 of a million emails. We don't have the capacity for that and also I suppose that we will simply be accused of spamming again. Also, because we are becoming blacklisted in so many places, a lot of the messages simply won't get through.

We try to be as open about it as possible. We don't prevaricate or make excuses. We come right out and tell people if we been hacked. This thread is an example. Unfortunately, we generally speaking only realise it when people start complaining to us.

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details