style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

went in to get a prescription filled

On my way out had a browse of things!

I was reading some stuff on an information leaflet from inside the box,

put everything back and went to leave,

I was stopped by security (non uniformed)

He told me he had been watching me etc.

told me he knew I was trying to shoplift (I wasn't)

said he had seen me put stuff in my bag,

which was my prescription!

Called the manager over, checked my bags etc.

did all of this in the middle of the store!

In the end I was let go and told I was banned from the store,

They never took any details, not even my name!

I had gotten my prescription filled there.

Was just wondering,

can they use the information from my prescription?

Even if they didn't take my name?

Will anything happen?

Edited by sastley443

Why not write to the store manager and explain the above, and if he fails to answer satisfactorily get the area managers details and escalate the complaint.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Unfortunately they, the store, can ban anyone from their store.

However they should of had..

Reasonable suspicion..... They did.

But at what point did they stop you?

With them having a suspicion of a concealment they can but they should of done tho in private but they walk a fine line of legally detaining you and accusations of false imprisonment and possibly extortion.

The police should of been called.

Write a strong letter to head office stating what happened and you are seeking legal advice on a cause of action for harassment and false imprisonment

Letter to Store Manager demanding an apology and copied to the CEO's office at Superdrug HO

SCONE does not appear to have been applied - the guard should have had continuous observation and should therefore have been in a position to see that you had collected a prescription and put this in your bag, not shelf stock

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

whist you are at it you can ask the store manager whether the individual has their own SIA licence or whether Superdrug rely on approved contractors and if so what is the name of the company. If this persons main role is security/surveillance then they need a SIA licnce in their own name and possiby their employer needs one as well (that will be at director level) In short, you have considerable leverage for a proper apology and a nice box of choccies or bunch of flowers.

Superdrug don't have their own 'in house' security, so any store detectives should be sia licenced.

They used 'stealth security' as their suppliers a couple of years ago, I don't know who has the contract currently, might still be stealth. From memory, Lidl used them as well.

Although I totally agree this should be complained about, I don't agree its false imprisonment or a false arrest - the conversation was conducted on the shop floor, you weren't taken hold of, or taken to the office, and the immortal words weren't uttered.

OP - Is there absolutely anything that the security could of interpreted as criminal about your conduct in the store. The packaging you opened (I'm assuming from a shelf, or was it your prescription), it wasn't sealed was it (thinking criminal damage) ?.

Just don't want you potentially opening a an of worms if there's anything you could of possibly done wrong in store.

And no, pharmacists wont usually tell anyone who you are - they have confidentiality clauses and could get struck off.

3 year ago, I was stopped in one of the Superdrug shops in Glasgow, security guard kept on following me round the shop, and he didn't see the bottle of Fanta twist in my back pocket

As I was leaving the shop, I took the bottle of juice out of my pocket, and he noticed this, and I was ushered into the shop, and he claimed I haven't paid for the juice. Doh it wasn't bought in here, but rather my work place, don't think he expected me to reply, which I did

Told him, I work in retail, and for him to stop me he has to be 100% I haven't paid for the item; so I asked him, did he see me go any where near the fridges, he couldn't answer this for me, as he was tailing me round the shop, so sometimes he lost sight of me, so I told him I leaving as I haven't done anything wrong

3 Weeks later returned and entered the shop, and was told I was barred, wasn't happy with this, as I haven't done anything wrong,

I wanted to do something about this.

I went to my local Superdrug store,

where I knew the manager personally,

who was at school with me.

The manager contacted head office,

and with in a matter of days,

an apology was sent through the post with a £20 gift card.

The security guard wasn't sacked, but rather moved to another store

Checked with the security manager in my work at the time,

on why I was stopped and followed round the shop;

he believed my eyes look shifty,

and I don't directly look at people,

so the two things for the security guard might have been a concern for him