Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Old First Direct accounts - now being contacted by Cabot Financial

Cabot and mortimer seem to be sending out claim forms to every account they have lately. Its very likely they will just not bother to reply once you file a defenceicon if they actually issue a claim. They just prefer to get a judgement by default.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2016

Hmmm, interesting. So it's a tactic where, even if they know it's likely not enforceable, they will go for the claim because if someone by chance happens to miss the court deadlines, they would automatically be granted the judgement?

Ok, I will go through the PAP and CCA proceedure and see what comes about. I CCA'd them before and they came back with nothing, so have no reason to believe that they have a valid CCA now. Not to mention the issue of the credit card and overdraft being merged into one account.

90% of people wet themselves when they get a claimformicon and cough
    85% of claims are never defended for one reason or another.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

And I would most likely be in that 90% also if it weren't for the amazing advice given on CAGicon.......MUCH MUCH appreciated!!!

They dont care if its enforceable or not. They just want your money. Any way they can get it. Remember, cabot do not enforce legit accounts. They buy lemon debts and accounts nobody else will touch. Why? See post #23

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Just filling out the required information on the PAP form.

When I tick box D to dispute the debt,
    as well as the "debt purchaser has yet to provide any or all of the required documentation" line,
    should I also include in my dispute the fact that the overdraft and credit card have been lumped together into one account
    (or something worded a little smarter than that!)?

Also, all the letters from Cabot say that the current creditor is Marlin Europe Ltd. As I understand, they are the same lot, so should I just address the CCA to Cabot?

Follows
    Following

you send the CCA to whomever Mortimer state as their client.

and no you dontt ip them off about the merged loan syndrome yet..

did you ever get an SARicon running to first direct?
    if not do so

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Mortimer say Marlin Group ("Cabot"), so I'm going to just address it to Cabot.

Point taken about the merged loan, will keep that as a bit of ammo.

About the SARicon, no I didn't. Not sure why as one of the old posts mentioned doing it for all the accounts; must have missed that one completely. Will get that off tomorrow.

Thanks

what you get in the SARicon you keep to yourself till its time to use it!!

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details