style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We rent retail premises which has a totally separate flat above it. A box on the wall at the rear of the property contains the electricity meters.

British Gas were 'kind' enough to update the meters to digital style meters a couple of years ago, leaving the old meters in place but in the process they connected BOTH properties to one new meter.

This means that British Gas are now billing the tenants of the flat at a domestic rate and ourselves in the shop on a business rate for the same electricity.

We have it in writing from British Gas that this is the case, despite this, they were unable/unwilling to do anything about it, so we took our case to the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman agreed BG should rectify the problem, but it did not happen, BG ignored the request and the Ombudsman tells us they have no power to force BG to carry out their recommendations.

British gas have promised numerous times to come to meet us at the premises, so we can show them what has been done but never turn up, obviously BOTH bills are incorrect, since each bill is for the electricity used by whole building since there is now only one meter.

Does anyone at all have any suggestions as to how we can get British Gas to take some action?

Hi Herdwick and Welcome to CAG

Ensuring that meters register the correct quantity of gas and electricity consumed.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-and-electricity-meter-regulations

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andy.

As far as I can see, the meter is recording correctly the electricity used, but seems to be registered against both a business account and a domestic account, hence 2 bills to 2 different address for the same usage.

I agree that it is not installed correctly, but British Gas dont seem to care, and have no incentive to act since they are billing twice for one supply.

If they will not act for the Ombudsman, who can make them do something?

Is there nothing in that link with regards to accurate billing ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Cant actually find anything regarding Billing other than the first paprgraph, but for Regulatory Delivery its all about determining meter accuracy, which can be taken away and tested, and will show (I presume) as being correct.

They say they have no responsibility for accurate billing, for that we must contact....British Gas.!