H BOS credit card claim HELP PLEASE

Rachee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this so am not really sure what I am doing or if I am posting in the right section (Sorry if I am not).

Could you tell me if I write to the same people at Halifax Bank of Scotland for Credit card accounts I am going to ask for my statements but am not sure if it is a different address for creditcards to bank accounts.

Thanks

:)

I have just phoned Halifax Bank of Scotland and been informed that if I want my last 6 years statements they WILL charge me £360 I went on to explain about the date protection act and even got put through to the manager who said that under no circumstances would I get 6 years statements for under £360 I hate HBOS:!:

Hi Rachee,

Their credit card admin seems to be centred in Dunfermline (Pitreavie), but I have been dealing with Trinity Road, Halifax. I have used Halifax for my claims, but you could probably use Dunfermline if you preferred to use the Scottish courts. I prefer the English, as there is a higher limit to your small claim.

If they have the information they are wanting to charge you that money for (and it looks like they've admitted that they have), then you should be entitled to ALL of it for £10 under the DPA. As long as it's on a "relevant filing system."

HTH

Bill.

Hi there

Thank you very much for that. I will send a letter off Recorded Delivery today. The account is still open and active but a couple of years ago I was always getting late payment charges (probably £1000) so if I could get that back it would be a big help.

I will use the Trinity Road for my claim as I am one the english side and would like to get the most I can form Halifax Bank of Scotland.

Cheers again

Thanks again.

Could I just ask one more thing. Is it still ok to get your credit card statements for this period (6 years) as I am applying to my credit card and not bank account and do not want them to try and intimidate me again. Also do I use the letter in the libary that you send for your bank statements? to the credit card company aswell.

thanks

Sorry for delay, R. I've only done SAR for bank statements, so far. But as far as I know, that single £10 fee should cover ALL data held by that particular organisation (Data Controller). To me, that means ALL your Halifax, BOS & HBOS accounts AND credit cards.

When you send your SAR, give them as many account numbers as you can, so they can't dodge out of it.

HTH

Bill.