NPower and debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2011 I asked NPower to install a prepayment meter after discovering I had amounted a £800 bill.

This was installed and I started paying off this debt with each weekly payment I put onto my key

In 2015 NPower share this debt with Experian

In August 2017 I saw this logged on my Credit report

- I hadn't checked this before and hadn't realised it was logged on here,

called up NPower and paid off the small debt that was still outstandingI spoke to NPower

today to check if they could notify Experian that I had cleared this debt and to find out when it would be removed from my Credit File altogether

I was told that because they only started to share information with Experian in 2015 and that because I have only just paid off the debt that it will now remain showing on my Credit file for another 6 years from August this year

Surely this is wrong

Doesn't the debt start from when NPower installed the meter and I started paying back the monies I owed from the £800 bill???

Please can you clarify?

Thank you

The 6 years can only run from the date of the original debt being created, which you could not pay.

Send a complaint to NPower head office, marked for the attention of the Data Protection and compliance officer. Ask for them to notify the credit reference agencies of the original default date the debt was created. As this was back in 2011, the debt should now be either remioved after 6 years. Advise them that failure to update the credit record will result in the complaint being elevated to the ICO.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you, I thought their Complaints Dept was talking *rap. The lady was adamant that it start from when the debt was cleared.

I never received a Default Notice from them, but I have the statements that show the large debt and the Pre Payment meter starting

It stays on your file for 6yrs from the defaulted date

Or

If not defaulted

6yrs from the date you paid it off

So what is the defaulted date?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Im not sure Dx.

I presumed it was from the date that I called NPower to say I couldn't afford to pay the £800 and please could I have a Pre Payment Meter so I could pay off the amount a little each week

If its from the date that N Power shared with Experian in 2015 I wasn't notified that they had done this or were going to.

Also, why would they have shared it in 2015.

I had been paying it off each week since 2011 at the rate they set.

I hadn't not paid them as they took the payment towards the debt each time I loaded the Pre payment card and inserted it into the meter

why did they do it in 2015 and not when I told them I couldn't pay in 2011??

Its not fair that its been on my Credit File since 2015 and now I have paid it I have to have it on my account until 2023.

Had they told me they were only just going to register the debt in 2015 I would have paid it off then.

The debt at that point had drastically reduced but they didn't give me the option to clear it or ask me if I wanted to clear it before they registered it with Experian

Is there a defaulted date in the debt summary?

Utils did not report to crf files until then

As there was a change to the relevant acts of parl'mt

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

on your credit file entry for the debt

look for

Defaulted date:

does it state one?

and they

Dx the only date was the 2015 entry when they shared it with Experian. No other dates are mentioned :(

You need to raise a complaint in writing with NPower as advised. They can't just add loads of data with the 2015 date, because that is when they were officially allowed to register debts to CRA's. NPower need to ensure the data is accurate and the debt is only showing for the 6 years from when you could not pay what was due i.e 2011.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread