UKCPS ANPR PCN - Bristol Abbeywood BR005XX - NTK received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I got an NTK through the door from UKCPS yesterday.

No ticket on the windscreen,

I am assuming it was an ANPR generated ticket.

It appears to be UKCPS standard NTK for a stay beyond stipulated time limit.

Details below:

For PNC's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement Allegedly 25 September 17

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]29 September 17

3 Date received 02 Oct 17

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? None provided or mentioned, but I'm assuming they must have entry/exit pictures from ANPR?

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal]Nope, not yet. Draft below that I was intending to send to an email address, but I can't seem to find one for these clowns?

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? UKCPS

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Bristol Abbeywood BR005XX

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS is mentioned on the back of the letter.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here Nil

Potential draft of a response that I was intending to send, but can't find an email address to send it to (ideas, or am I going to have to send it hard copy?):

Your reference: ********

My reference: UKCPS PCNCR1.0

To whom it may concern.

With regards correspondence received 02/10/17 against your reference ******** (VRN ******), although not correctly titled, I am treating your letter reference ******** as an attempted notice to keeper.

Your letter is not in compliance with the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012, and therefore there is no keeper liability in this case.

Your letter is also factually incorrect in its assertions as to what the registered keeper should do.

I also note that, as registered keeper, your speculative invoice invites me to take one of several actions.

As the speculative invoice offers no proof and does not require the registered keeper to carry out an action, I respectfully decline your invitation to pay, or pass details of the driver to you and pass on the speculative invoice.

It should be noted that the burden of proof for the identity of the driver rests with the claimant.

It should be noted that no assumption can or should be made as to the identity of the driver at the time of the event referred to in your letter reference ********.

Please quote my reference when responding.

Regards

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as IAS I would save a tree and dont bother sending it at all.

Post up the NTK so we can comment as well so you have more choices of what to be rude to them about when the time comes.

as you say, plenty they have got wrong so far.

If you are that way minded you might want to consider suing them.

Also NEVER EMAIL them, it only gives them a method of harassing you for free.

Later on get pictures of the signage where you parked and also of the entrance to the land from the public highway.

Yes, read up on the IPC/IAS and kangaroo courts and you will see that it will be a waste of time.

You wait for them to finish spending money on threatograms and then tell them where to go at the last knockings.

In the meanwhile you gather your ammuntion around you so pictures please

Hi again all.

Attached (hopefully) are 2 docs with redacted scan of the (attempted) NTK and pics of

the retail park entrance,

a close up of the sign at the entrance and

a close up of one of the signs within the parking area

(they appear to be on the end of every other row).

The vehicle was parked in the far end rows visible behind the sign in the last picture.

I have been reading up on the general forum guidance and it seems to be not to ignore it,

but to send one letter denying liability and telling them to do one as per this sticky:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?412953-Have-you-received-a-fine-from-a-Private-Parking-Company-DO-NOT-IGNORE-IT

Also, I've just noticed that although only the IAS is mentioned in the letter,

the attempted ntk has logos for both the IPC and the BPA on it.

Does this change anything?

docs+pix .pdf

full members of the BPA get to use the round BPA logo, associate and other members use the rectangular logo. They are a country member.

their signage is not up to scratch,

the first signs have no conditions so are not an offer of a contract,

the ones underneath them contain 3 clauses that are unlawful

( driver remaining on site, additional charges for parking longer than 24 hours and the additional costs)

the whole lot is an unfair contract and under the consumer rights act you can decide whether you accept to be bound by them or not. (s 62)

Why then do they put these things on their signs?

They want to chisel money out of the motorist as that is the only way they get anything at all.

Most people dont know better so they pay up

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi again all,

Just had a thought,

is there anything I should be doing while waiting for the next set of threatograms to show up?

What sort of timelines am i looking at?

I was thinking, should I contact the DVLA to ask who accessed my data as the RK, when and for what purpose?

What about the thread i linked above about NOT ignoring the attempted NTK?

Should I write once telling them to do one,

in the hope that they realise they will have a fight on their hands if they try and pursue it?

that stick is rather old

although correct

things have slightly moved on

sit tight follow EB's advice.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okey doke.

Just a bit nervous that's all.

I presume the next set of letters will go something like:

"2nd reminder, final reminder, first letter from rentathreat, second letter from rentathreat, third letter from rentathreat, dire final warning from rentathreat," then court docs if they bother pursuing it or nothing if they cant be bothered?

What do you reckon to the DVLA bit?

so you've done post 4 research them?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I haven't read up on the "IPC/IAS and kangaroo courts" in detail yet,

I've read a couple of other threads in this section

I get the general idea.

Is/are there any thread(s) I should be looking at in particular?

Pictures from the car park entrance and signs etc are in the attachments on post 5.

Have I missed anything?

letter before action

if that ever comes...

just remember DCA's etc etc or their fake/tame solicitors

are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

and they

Current best practice is to always respond to the letter marked letter before claim sent by one of the solicitors that usually chase you such as Gladstones or BWlegal.

By responding to them in a very robust manner you create that paper trial that shows you are not burying your head in the sand but hold them in contempt for their attempts to get money when none is due.

This letter will also be part of your evidence should it go to court and will show that their actions fall in the "unreasonable" category and that will allow you to claim a full costs recovery order when you beat them at court.

A good place to read is the Parking Pranksters blogspot because it contains the summaries of a large number of claims along with comments from some expert witnesses in this field such as Alex (PP) and John Wilkie.

You will see examples of where our strategies have been put into action and by having the case numbers and court details you are able to quote them as being persuasive arguments in their own right.

I would also add that Gladdys and BWL,s letters before claim no longer pass the CPR's on sending such letters but generally no-one gets pulled up on this at small claims, even though they are supposedly the worlds greatest solicitors and thus know everything so cant excuse them getting things so wrong

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hi-jack the thread...just received the same thing for the same place.....

Extra upset as was 'overtime' by 28 minutes....my wife was driving and is disabled so not impressed that this time restraint could be imposed on a disabled person.

Let me know how you get on....

then start a new thread

of your own please

and they

Sorry to hi-jack the thread...just received the same thing for the same place.....

Extra upset as was 'overtime' by 28 minutes....my wife was driving and is disabled so not impressed that this time restraint could be imposed on a disabled person.

Let me know how you get on....

ah250, you are welcome to follow my progress, but I would advise you start your own thread if you want specific help with yours. Please see below for the next letter that will turn up.

OP you havent yet done anything to help us help you if this matter is still live and now other peopel are trying to use your thread to get help.

Ericsbrother, I hadn't posted anything further, as up until this point I had received no further letters from the parking company or rentathreat style dca/tame solicitors. I arrived home today to find I had received a further letter from the parking company. Please see the attached. This letter is entitled "notification", so I would appreciate advice as to whether to ignore this one or not? I'm currently assuming that I do.

2017-11-28 UKCPS Notification letter.pdf

have converted your file to pdf

never use .doc

as if you look in the properties of the file

it gives ALL your personal details

dx

and they

nothing to worry about

but that doesnt mean you should be complacent.

better to put in a bit of legwork at your own pace now than be forced to go rushing about at some point in the future.

i like the end of their letter saying that no visitors to their reg address for data protection reasons.

there are many reasons why you wouldnt allow personal callers to a registered office but this is not one of them.

I wonder if they took advice from their trade association, the IPC before writing that.

Ok thanks. I will continue to file under "bin" then.

By legwork, other than getting the pictures of the signs etc, and reading up on the parking pranksters BlogSpot and other threads on here,

is there anything else I ought to do?

Maybe start preparing a draft defence on the off chance that the parking company decide to chance their arm in court?

Incidentally, I, as the keeper of the vehicle have received a couple of other "NTK's" for other alleged parking infractions (different car, different day(s)).

I'm not (as the keeper) deliberately trying to get tickets,

but it does appear to happen occasionally.

Would this make it more likely that the PPC would try and pursue me as the keeper?

I did lol when I saw that line about not getting callers at their office,

I reckon they don't want the hassle of irate motorists on their doorstep.

are these other places you've parked ,

and they

then that may encourage them to pursue you as they see it in a risk/reward scenario.

It costs them £x to pusue a parking charge but the cost is the same for chasing 3 but the reward triples if they get it to stick.

We really need to see the signage and have a bit more detail about where exactly your vehicle was parked at the time.

To this end a plan or pictures of the site so we can understand the relationship between the car and the entrance, position of signs, etc