UK CPM PCN The Gym Alperton - Atlip Centre

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

I was issued with a PCN 2 months ago from UK CPM for apparently parking for 19 minutes over what i was allowed to.

I go to the gym inside the centre the car park belongs to,

I assumed we were exempt from their 2 hour allowance.

My gym session might take longer i might need to shower etc.

I appealed the charge on the basis that i was unwell and unfit to drive with 2 witnesses who were with me that day.

They rejected my appeal and now are saying I can either appeal further to the IAS or I have to pay £100.

If someone could advise me I'd be grateful.

I'm unable to upload any images.

IMG-20170814-WA0002.pdf

IMG-20170929-WA0002.pdf

IMG-20170814-WA0003.pdf

IMG-20170929-WA0001.pdf

Edited by Bilali8
Uploading Pics

Ha ha, what a joke!

They can't even get the name of who you appeal to correct? Is it the IPC or IAS??

I hope you didn't give them your name when you appealed?

Complain to the manager of the gym, and don't take ''It's nothing to do with us''.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For PNC's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 5th August 2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 8th August 2017

3 Date received 14th August 2017

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes Please see attached

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] Yes, Appeal basis mentioned in original post

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] Yes, attached above.

7 Who is the parking company? UK Car Park Management

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Atlip Centre Carpark, Alperton, London

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

Dear BB

I already did this.

the clowns have said that you are given 2 hours and there is nothing we can do about it. It's ridiculous to be honest.

understand something,

appealing to any company that belongs to the IPC is a waste of time,

they don't allow any of the appeals and proudly go on television boasting about their breaking of their own code all of the time.

for the moment ( and all of the time in the future) you ignore the parking co and look at other ways of defeating their claim.

In this case, who owns the land?

Is it the gym or is it part of a larger development?

Now IPC members don't use the POFA to create a keeper liability saying nothing to them means that they have trouble identifying who they have a contract with that is half the battle won.

Also, they tend to have signage that doesn't actually form or offer a contract

the next job we want you to do is take some pictures of the signs at the entrance to the land from the public highway and any other signs scattered about.

We can then advise as to whether they are an offer or not.

Also we need to see the NTK with your personal details redacted along with any bar codes etc.

The wording may well clash with the signage they may ask for money fro a brach of contract when the signs say it is a contractual condition.

The difference destroys their claim

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your reply

. My original attachments show what they say and i am editing my post to add another attachment displaying the signage and showing what they state on it.

Thanks!

Hello there.

It isn't a fine, it's what we call a speculative invoice. Only the council or the police can fine you.

I'm sure help will arrive, but please remember that this is a voluntary forum so people have other calls on their time. You need to bear with us for a bit longer. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks HB

, I'm just a bit anxious because I think i got flashed by a Red light camera today as well which I will have to create another thread for i guess!

It's all piling up,

I'm starting to regret buying a car even though I am a massive petrolhead! :(

A thing to note about their signage

- they display the round BPA logo and that means they are participating members of the BPA and use their appeals scheme.

Only problem is they are not so their signage is unlawful so you cant be held to a contract offered by them and their getting your data from the DVLA is likewise illegal.

You might want to take this up with the BPA at some point fairly soon because if they are still associate members they will get kicked out

You can sue them for this if you are minded to so why would you want to give them money when they are just a bunch of criminals?

Stop panicking

,for the moment you do absolutely nothing other than tell us who owns the land.

If it is the gym then let them know that they are employing a bunch of crooks to run their car park and you are minded to name them on any legal action you take against CPM.

Invite them to get the notice cancelled on your behalf but don't be giving out your email or phone number.

always write and use the third person so don't say "i" but say "the keeper".

Let CPM carry on sending their demands,

at some point they will get a dca involved and you should read up on their powers (none whatsoever)

then probably get a threatogram from Gladstones or BWLegal.

When that time comes we can help you with a suitable response.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi Eric.

Thanks for your response.

I did call BPA because i couldn't find CPM on their associate members list,

they told me that CPM is one of their "Corporate members"

And that they are part of the IPC and I'd have to appeal using the IAS.

they said that they are a "legitimate" company.

I will contact the Atlip Centre and speak to their manager to see what they might say.

You are missing the point

, the signage HAS to conform to certain standards and it doesn't.

They are in breach of the BPA rules so you bite their backside over this as a separate issue.

You are not going to appeal to the IPC because they are a kangaroo court as it is defined

Contact the centre how?

I said you WRITE so you had better come back here with the news you get as a result of this,

if you tell us you emailed them or they ignored you over the phone then you wont get any sympathy and will have made your task of getting this cancelled harder.

You need to read a good few dozen of the private parking threads and also the POFA to get your head around what happens and why.

You will then understand that putting things in writing places a responsibility upon the recipient to actually do something

whereas speaking to them may just elicit a Manama type response but with less urgency because they really have no imperative to do anything

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 2 months later...

hidden you forget to redact it

safe to ignore totally

a DCA is not a bailiff and are powerless

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes

unless you get a letter of claim

or a claimform.

also you need read other threads here to gain valuable knowledge

yo've not read very few from I can see

and they

yes

unless you get a letter of claim

or a claimform.

also you need read other threads here to gain valuable knowledge

yo've not read very few from I can see

You're very right I haven't read many because every time I do they are completely different and it gets rather confusing!

I've been advised by some to ignore this, some threads say they got a bailiff, some say they got a ccj etc.

that's why I am super confused and I haven't been able to see anything relevant to my situation from the other threads.

I will continue to research and look,

I have also contacted the gym once again hoping they can do something about it but I am not feeling entirely hopeful.

You're very right I haven't read many because every time I do they are completely different and it gets rather confusing! I've been advised by some to ignore this, some threads say they got a bailiff, some say they got a ccj etc.

The legal process is relatively straight forward and logical, and once you understand this you will stop panicking.

Say you & I were in dispute, you reckoned I owed you money. Firstly you would have to send me a Letter Before Action. Then you would have to take me to court. Then I would have to lose the court case. Next I would have to refuse to pay. Only then would I have a CCJ and you could send the bailiffs round.

All that is happened so far is that you have been sent silly letters. No need to panic at all.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread