Cabot/Mortimer letter re Halifax credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received documentation from Mortimer Clarke solicitors on behalf or Cabot relating to an old Halifax credit card.

They are giving me 14 days to contact them before threatening to take court action.

Would the appropriate course of action be to send a CCA request to Cabot with a copy to Mortimer Clarke?

Also, does sending a CCA to Cabot constitute a communication that would reset the statute barred date?

Thanks very much.

I have received documentation from Mortimer Clarke solicitors on behalf or Cabot relating to an old Halifax credit card.

They are giving me 14 days to contact them before threatening to take court action.

Would the appropriate course of action be to send a CCA request to Cabot with a copy to Mortimer Clarke? No just to Cabot the creditor...not their Sol.

Also, does sending a CCA to Cabot constitute a communication that would reset the statute barred date? No

Thanks very much.

With regards to their 14 days..you may wish to inform them of the following which came into force on the 1st October.....its 30 days now.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice.-1st-Oct-2017

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy.

The letter was dated 20 September but received yesterday.

What should I do about the CCA request.

Send it to Cabot...and in the meantime have a read of that link as the game completely changes from the 1st Oct

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Send it to Cabot...and in the meantime have a read of that link as the game completely changes from the 1st Oct

Thanks I will. Should I copy it to Mortimer Clarke?

It could be of value to see how they respond...dont just copy it but draft a response in reply to their letter lets see how they respond.

Post your draft here for checking.

Thanks Andy, I will.

Can they argue that as their letter was dated 20 September - although obviously posted yesterday - no postmark with date - that the 14 days expires tomorrow?

I could send an email to them?

Makes no odds when it was dated or received their 14 days is now defunct from the 1st October..Pre Action Protocol overrides it.

Id like to see how they respond to this... Could be interesting :)

I will certainly keep this thread updated.

Really appreciate this forum - thanks to all involved.