Monarch flights cancelled as airline ceases trading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They new they had problems the regulator should step in months before and restructure airline and dispatching public until clear view of real situation, politics stinks in this country - time to make politicians pay not the public who fees pay into ait tickets etc for this mess of repatriation. not leave till too late, spoils everybodys holiday = it will never stop as this country id years behind reality for the sake of profit (non in most cases as they abuse it)

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Had 2 holidays booked with monarch flights, 1st was to depart on 24th oct, kids gonna be devastated, it would have been their first holiday abroad.

2nd was a short break for me n the mrs next april, both now been cancelled.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Insurance or section 75 Martin ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Been offered full refunds on both Andy, if that doesnt materialise then s75 will apply, both were paid with credit cards.

To be fair to the agents, they have said we will be refunded for the whole holidays under ATOL rules as no alternative can be found.

The prices for replacement flights have skyrocketed to between £450 and £650 per passenger and there are 6 of us. All 6 flights were only just over £600 in total.

On a plus note, although the kids are devastated, we will now rebook a longer holiday for easter.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Good stuff hope you get alternative in place sharpish for the kids:wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

apparently its around £60m atm to fly everyone home etc.

'...The government (ie taxpayer?) is set to pick up the tab for the UK's biggest ever airline collapse, but is talking to card companies about sharing some of the cost...'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41477267

(is it naive to think that such should have compulsory insurance or the like re so in such an event the taxpayer doesn't have to pick up the bill?)

(is it naive to think that such should have compulsory insurance or the like re so in such an event the taxpayer doesn't have to pick up the bill?)

Such as ATOL?

Would the 'average consumer' appreciate the difference between 'buy a package holiday from Monarch, ATOL protected', and 'buy a Flight from Monarch, not ATOL protected'??

Such as ATOL?

Would the 'average consumer' appreciate the difference between 'buy a package holidaylink3.gif from Monarch, ATOL protected', and 'buy a flightlink3.gif from Monarch, not ATOL protected'??

:)

i meant compulsory all round.

It sounds like Easyjet, British Airways and Ryan Air are all looking to pick up the Monarch staff (along with routes) quite quickly.

Ryan Air in particular could do with a bit of a staff increase right now.

While Ryanair would love some extra pilots, the complication is that they operate a Boeing fleet while Monarch was an Airbus fleet (or vice versa).

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

I had booked via TA (TUI) and had paid some parts of the holiday by C.C,debit card and cash. Package holiday covered by ATOL.

I have been given a terrible run around by all parties involved.

Firstly, TA said if I wanted to book another holiday I had to pay first, whilst waiting for the refund to come through via CAA. TA were still waiting the claim forms from CAA today and dont expect to get refund until after Christmas due to volume of people affected, even though CAA suggest they are trying to get claims resolved by end of the year.

C/C company telephone conversation was really messy, talking to someone in Mumbai for over an hour - clerk didn't seem to know what section 75 was, but referred my dispute to other colleague to call me back, but promised to refund payments made via C/C back to my account and any interest accrued since making them. Received call back from colleague today, who said as I have booked holiday through TA they will not be settling my dispute and referred me back to TA to deal with the situation, and that previous clerk had given me incorrect information and I will not be receiveing any refund at all.

TA originally said they would cover my additional costs for airport parking, albeit I paid for this seperately, but now saying no, they wont cover this.

Airport parking - paid via debit card - and bank have refused chargeback as service is still available, even though not required due to Monarch collapse!

Now I find the C/C company have refunded instalments paid to TA but not the total cost of holiday!!!

Travel Insurance taken out but does not cover 'company going bust' scenario's.

Just seems like everyone is passing the buck...............................

Never been in this situation ever before but I sure won't use TA again!

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Under S.75 the credit card company is equally liable for the whole cost, not just the part paid by credit card, (provided the whole cost is more than £100 and doesn’t exceed £30k).

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

Don’t accept a refund for “only the bit you paid by credit card”.

I am aware of my rights under S.75 but it appears the my C.C company clerks do not.

As explained #14 the left hand hasn't liaised with the right hand and now one clerk has refunded 2 instalment payments plus interest, (received yesterday afternoon) whilst the other clerk has closed my dispute and referred me back to the TA.

The following information within the link you advised states:

Payments through an agent or third party

It's not unusual for a business taking payment to be acting as an agent for the actual supplier. In this circumstance, Section 75 may not apply and you may not be able to claim against the credit card provider.

A good example of this is when you buy concert tickets. If you buy direct from the venue, then Section 75 may apply if the cost is over £100. If you buy through a ticket agency, then it may not.

This is because the card provider may argue that as payment wasn't made directly to the supplier of the goods or service, Section 75 doesn't apply.

So where possible, make any credit card payment direct to the company actually supplying the goods or services.

I am now at a loss to know how to move forward so think I should create a new thread, to prevent 'hyjacking' this one. No pun intended.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Yes please create your own new thread in dealing with this Shell

Regards

Andy

Good stuff hope you get alternative in place sharpish for the kids:wink:

So its been a long and stressful week with the demise of Monarch but i am very happy to tell you that the full refund was received in my CC account yesterday.

Spent all yesterday and today searching and searching fir another holiday for half term but the profiteering vultures have outpriced most people from booking anything atm.

I have however found a fantastic 5* All Inclusive holiday for the family in Marmaris for easter for just a little more than i got refunded so everyone is happy again, albeit the holiday will be 6 months later than planned.