Old A+L MBNA card debt - now Being chased again..SBd??

Rocky Roadster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have I made a mistake?

I had an unenforceable credit card debt from 2010 has been passed through the following companies:

Alliance & Leicester/ MBNA/AIC/Aegis/Wescot - Bank of America /Arrow Global/ Wescot/ Scotcall/ Vanquis Bank.

In 2011 Letter from Arrow Global said Scotcall is no longer managing your account. It will now be managed by Vanquis Bank on behalf of Arrow, who will be in touch to let you know contact details and offer you the "Avant Programme".

Never heard any more and 6 years later was offered a small credit card which I thought would help me rebuild some credit. The account is in order and I have managed pay it off each month.

But...

The card is from Vanquis Bank! and I have started getting letters and calls about the other account from AIC again.

It feels a bit uncomfortable.

Should I worry?

Cheers,

Rocky

Your post is somewhat confusing....who was the OC for this " unenforceable debt " ?

Alliance & Leicester/ MBNA ?

Your new card is with Vanquis Bank ?

Why are you connecting them ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry for the confusion Andy,

The credit card came from Alliance and Leicester and was chased by AIC who said they would have to go back to MBNA to get the CCA. It was then passed from pillar to post and ended up with Vanquis. Hope that's clearer.

I didn't associate the name when I got a new credit card offered by Vanquis and I am wondering whether I have poked the wasps nest metaphorically speaking.

They obviously have my details confirmed. Why else would they chase a 2010 unenforceable debt. It could be a coincidence, but. My question is, does having a current credit card with them and an old unenforceable debt as well, pose me a threat do you think?

Cheers,

Rocky

Thanks Bazooka,

I was wondering whether I should write and remind them that it is SB?

I guess the effect of my debts, and being chased for years, has made me a bit jumpy.

I have as little to do with banks and debt as I can; except for this one limited credit card that I only use if I can pay it off each month. "Casting the money lenders out of the temple," makes perfect sense now.

It is a better way to live and I'll do without rather than go back to borrowing.

Cheers,

Rocky

Arrows don't pass debts to vanquis

More likely sold the debt to provident and you got a new start letter under their later name of vanquis

SB,d anyway ignore them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Bazooka,

I was wondering whether I should write and remind them that it is SB?,

God NO! Don't do their dirty work for them, let them either work it out for themselves, or waste their money and issue a claim, which will cost them, and you hold the trump card!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!