DVLA doesn't recognize our address!

dustdevil69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

here another horror story about dvla, we moved house and changed car, sent all the papers, setup direct debit account, it all worked for 11 months, after which nothing went through, no communications from dvla, and we received a fine from them cos we did not pay one missing month (August 2017), no explanations, no warning why the debit stopped (we never changed bank or been in overdraft ). Now we realized our landlord trashed or sent back our V5C form, and we are in the middle of trying to get a new one and update our direct debit position with them, but nothing works, basically the address we give them (which is 100% accurate, we get letters from council, hmrc, bills, bank,..etc) does not go through. So at this point time is ticking , we'll get another fine , maybe forced to do a sorn, and who knows what, whenever we call them, they super rude and say they thought we wrote our address wrong(!!) and so they decided to eyeball it using google (!!!!!!)... needless to say we wont probably get a new logbook either..this is becoming a nightmare.. anyone in similar situation? Thank you

Walt

now you know why you pay a small fee to RM to get your post forwarded for 6 months. Wouldnt have solved all your difficulties but they probably wouldnt have started in the first place.

Contact RM about your postcode and what versions of the databases is it on.

Many years ago they changed postcodes where I live and where my parents live (different parts of the country so not related) and this caused all sorts of problems as people like BG didnt have the correct poscodes for my road and allocated a different postcode that was from the next village so they tried to cut me off becuse someone else hadnt paid thei bill. My parents couldnt get things delivered by courier as they tried to deliver to a road around the corner with smae postcode but obviously different address.

When you find out from RM what they ahve on your addesss both current and past you can then throw that at DVLA and see what they have been using.

unfortunately it wouldn't have solved anything, dvla was simply sending stuff to a made up address so it never arrived in first place... calling RM and checking ... but I've a hunch whatever it is it will take ages to sort..in the meantime dvla will just go on with their fines and what not :/

unfortunately it wouldn't have solved anything, dvla was simply sending stuff to a made up address so it never arrived in first place... calling RM and checking ... but I've a hunch whatever it is it will take ages to sort..in the meantime dvla will just go on with their fines and what not :/

So they have written to you informing you of this?

If they made up the address how have they found your correct address to send you the fine?

What was the fine for anyway??

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

the address was half wrong, but the postman managed to find it.. RM replied said the landlord never added our flat number to the registry..this seems to be the cause of the problem now, but all these sloppy jobs someone else did should not affect us...now dvla just plays dumb and refuses to do anything about it, and RM said it can take up to a month to updated the address..... in the meantime dvla said we are illegal to drive and should sorn the car :(

.... in the meantime dvla said we are illegal to drive and should sorn the car :(

?? They told you that in writing?

If it was a phone call I'd be inclined to ignore that, how does your insurance know your address and these clowns don't?

You need to make a complaint to DVLA but in writing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

a FOI request for their (DVLA) database of every address within your postcode may be helpful so you can prove it isnt you that is getting it wrong. You the will have the ammunition to make a complaint and then get your MP involved. What does the council do about council tax on somewhere that isnt registered?