Mattress warrnaty advice.

Lyceumhq
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just after some advice. I bought a mattress online which came with a 5 year guarantee.

The springs have gone at the start of the last year of the guarentee.

I contacted the company I bought it from who asked me for pictures and to confirm it had been rotated regularly and used with a protector. Which it had.

A few hours after sending the pics, they called to say the manufacturer had agree'd to replace under the guarentee but since they no longer make that specific mattress they wouldn't actually be able to replace. Instead I was offered £50 discount on a new mattress if bought from them.

Now I'll be honest warranties and guarantees confuse me. I wanted to check that what they have done is correct.

So just looking for some conformation before I accept or decline their offer.

Thank you.

warranties and guarantees are not worth the paper they are written on

however you appear to have a good retailer

most simply fob you off

I would say grab the offer and run

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just ask for invoice cost of original mattress.

you would only get percentage of the mattresses original price so if it was ment to last 5 years you would get 20% , since you have had 4 years use out of it

• Confused 1

ask for the equivalent mattress that they do make.

Now mattresses are usually designed to last 8 years event hough they only guarantee 5 years so a credit note should be for 4/8 of the purchase price. In short, dont accept their offer as it not only breaches the contract they originally agreed with you (replacement is within 5 years)

• Confused 1

Just ask for invoice cost of original mattress.

you would only get percentage of the mattresses original price so if it was ment to last 5 years you would get 20% , since you have had 4 years use out of it

ask for the equivalent mattress that they do make.

Now mattresses are usually designed to last 8 years event hough they only guarantee 5 years so a credit note should be for 4/8 of the purchase price. In short, dont accept their offer as it not only breaches the contract they originally agreed with you (replacement is within 5 years)

Now I'm just confused.

I've been googling but can't really find an answer.

they are allowed to deduct a amount for fair wear and tear off your original price since you have had 4 years use of it

Thanks, appreciate the reply. So the £50 is a good offer.

As I said though, I can get one cheaper elsewhere even with the £50 discount.

But that's neither here nor there as long as what they've offered is correct then that's good enough for me.