Talktalk taking too many payments - where to start?

Haziltje
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I am in the process of moving my mum from the awful Talktalk to a company more reliable and trustworthy.

However, it has come to my attention that Talktalk have been taking not one but THREE payments a month from her account.

What's more, it looks like this may have been going on since 2013!

Things are not making much sense to me I need to dig a little

what I know so far is this...

There are two amounts being taken for Talktalk and one for Talktalk mobile.

She does not have a Talktalk mobile and certainly only one phone/internet line.

I recall seeing a paper bill earlier this year which was for over £60,

yet when I logged into her online account it's showed every bill at the same amount, £40.45.

Almost every month she receives messages warning that she has almost used all of her allowance and has even been cut off a few times,

yet online it says her allowance is £250 a month and NONE of it has been used.

I checked at least five or six bills and they all said the same.

On her bank statement the two main direct debits were started at the same time, have the same ID but a different account number.

I also know there is no way she makes enough calls to use up even a fraction of that allowance.

It seems like they are sending paper bills for one account whilst the other is handled online and something is very wrong.

I won't be able to do anything until Monday when I will take her to the bank to see what transaction information they hold.

I will also be looking to find as many bills and bank statements as I can to see how far back this goes.

I estimate that Talktalk may possibly have robbed my mother of at least a couple of thousand pounds and I want to do all I can to get that back for her.

The down side is, of course, I'm amateur at best when it comes to law which is why I'm posting here.

If anyone can tell me what to do or where to go once I have this information it would be most helpful.

My mum is a widowed, disabled pensioner who has mental health problems that affect her memory and concentration and in my opinion they have completely taken advantage of her, even upgrading her to the more expensive fibre

- she has no need for this, she doesn't even know what it is!!

I have had experience of their customer "service" myself in the past so if there's a way I can avoid going down that route I'll take it.

I'll check back here over the weekend as I am busy tomorrow, for now I just need to gather advice to use after Monday. Thanks guys.

use the banks DD guarantee get all the wrong payments back!!

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sometimes the most obvious is the last thing you think of.

Thank you!

Do you know if there is a time limit for claiming back this way?

Because of her health she hadn't noticed this was going on and I only found out today

nope. You can go right back to the start of the DD.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Be better to ring

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...