Bristol Sheet Motors - Faulty Citroen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Know this is a long while ago, but how is the vehicle after all the repairs?

I seem to have the same problem with my C3 Picasso, 2010 model. Excessive oil use, and Anti pollution System Failure twice in the past 6 weeks. Coils replace the first time, and the 4th cylinder on both occasions.

What can you advise? I have already been for oil compression test, but have been told to drive a further 1000 miles after they drained the oil and replaced it. I have records of when oil was purchased and mileage & use, so feel this is rather delaying tactics, but am not sure

Thanks in advance

Not necessarily.

Is the branch actually a Citroen dealer?

What's odd with Citroens like this as on the old type of 1.6 the cylinder numbers are unusually back to front

i.e. whereas most manufacturers number 1 to 4 from the front, Citroen does it the other way around.

if they are relying on diagnostics saying no4 misfires those not knowing would change a coil on what is actually number 1 .

However as they have changed all 4 that sort of negates the issue but doesn't explain root cause which I think is corrosion in the terminals connecting the coils.

THe action they have taken does not seem unreasonable and the right thing to do so suggest you do as they ask

Might not be what you want to hear but if the car tests OK after repair there's not a lot they or you can do about it until it faults again and if it faults again.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I realise I wasn't specific enough.

It was the AA who came to my rescue when my vehicle lost power the first time

they replaced no 3 & 4 (their diagnostics showed as 3 & 4 faulty),

When it went again on Sunday (Anti Pollution warning system flashed on)

I called the AA again and the diagnostics showed no 4 faulty again.

All he did was clean the end of it as he couldn't get a spare, and the car is ok for the moment ,

am planning to take it to Bristol St for checking.

They are who I usually deal with and are the Citroen dealers I bought the car from.

Regarding the oil usage:

I purchased the car in Nov 2015 having 52,000 on the clock, and is now on 65000.

Between Nov 2016 and Sept this year, I have done about t 7500 miles over a period of about 5 months and used about 5L of oil.

I have records of when the oil was purchased as proof of the oil used.

Edited by Veron1

Own thread created

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What's probably happened is that the misfire has caused a bore wash on the affected cylinder then. All this seems to tie in with the initial complaint. The oil useage you currently declare is though within the limits allowed. Not good but is considered acceptable. As they cleaned the ends this ties up with my statement about connector pin corrosion as well.

Whilst acceptable, I'd bee keeping a close eye on the oil consumption and be asking for a leakage test on No 4 cylinder.

Own thread created

What's probably happened is that the misfire has caused a bore wash on the affected cylinder then. All this seems to tie in with the initial complaint. The oil useage you currently declare is though within the limits allowed. Not good but is considered acceptable. As they cleaned the ends this ties up with my statement about connector pin corrosion as well.

Whilst acceptable, I'd bee keeping a close eye on the oil consumption and be asking for a leakage test on No 4 cylinder.

*I've had a reply back from an email i sent to vertu motors and it is going in on the 11th Oct to b checked out.*

The ads.workshop manager has agreed to a definite fault re the no 4 and probably oil too.

we will see what happens then.

He seems to think it will be ok to do short distances until then.

Thanks for your input much appreciated.