Cabot Financial Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Looking for some advice on the attached letter from Cabot Financial please?

I have another re the Faith card but is almost identical,

but can upload if needed.

Their 12 days is up on 01/10/17.

I took out a Faith store card (balance £414.42) in 2004 and a British Credit Trust loan (balance £2027.73) in 2004 also.

Both defaulted in 2006 and I put them with Consumer credit counselling service (Now Step Change).

However, I stopped paying anything to these a long time ago and I don't believe I ever agreed anything with Cabot.

Cabot are not showing on my credit file, although it does show that Cabot financial have searched my details in May 2017.

Is it likely I am going to need to pay these clowns?

They have had Resolve Call coming to my home.

I have only managed to increase my credit rating recently so that I have a credit card and don't want these causing me any further issues.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

British Credit Trust Letter.pdf

If cabot have the debt, its unenforceable. Its your job to find out why.

Also please dont use freeman of the land letters. You have requested a CCA, and now you wait till they can comply, which they rarely ever do. Sit back and relax, and see what they send in response.

Until they fulfil the requirements of a CCA request, they cannot legally enforce the debt. They can ask, but you can equally respond and tell them to get lost.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

also, the 12 days are working days. They have 12 + 2 WORKING days total to comply. It also sounds like the debt could be statute barred as well. When was the last date payment was made to the account. As for people coming to your house, they have absolutely no legal rights. You can tell them to leave in whatever manner you like. Your postman has more rights than they do to come to your home.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I don't believe I have ever paid Cabot Financial anything to be honest

. I've never made a payment to them or acknowledged any of their letters until now with the CCA request.

The only thing I am concerned about is that I was making a nominal payment to be split among several debts until around 2014.

Does this give them a leg to stand on if they were among the creditors?

I will try and lay my hands on paper work, but we have moved since and I may not have all that I need.

I will not be in hiding anymore from Resolve Call though! I will tell them where to go!

Thanks so much for your advice.

Not talking specifically about cabot. Im talking about paying any amount towards the debt in general.

If you paid something up to 2014, then it wont be statute barred. So for now, youre relying on their failure to comply with a CCA request. Theyll need the originals for debts as old as yours, and it is extremely unlikely theyll get them.

Cabot are very easily dealt with. For now, focus on finding a new job, and not worrying about this silly company of muppets

go ring stepchange

as for a list to be sent to you email pdf

if resolved call are involved almost 99% means its a lemon debt.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...