Fredrickson and old BT debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont know whether to laugh about this or be very cross.

I am helping a friend with his debt with Fredrickson, personally I dont think it should have been passed to them in the first place as its a disputed debt with BT and they have refused to discuss it further with my friend and so then passed it over to these monkies.

I have written to them enclosing a letter of authorisation so that I can deal with this for him.

However because I used his initial in the address and not his full name, albeit where he had signed his name it is in full and quite clear 3 lines down, they are refusing to deal with me wanting me to put his full name but they havnt said where I should place it??

Their reply.

Good morning

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately I am not able to accept the attached as authorisation to discuss this matter with you, as it does not confirm the named person's full name.

I kindly ask if you have are to provide us with another letter providing you with authorisation.

Kind regards

Now if they still refuse to deal with me what would be my next step? Do I place a formal complaint if so to who?

It is pedantic, but i suspect their Data Protection rules require full name and not just initial. As an argument point, they could have 2 people with similar debts at the address, sharing same initial and surname.

They should deal with it properly when resubmitted. If they don't, i think the FOS or ICO can intervene. I think FOS can deal with DCA issues, even if not a finacial services original issue. The ICO in relation to refusing to release data.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

who are freds clients?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oops well you just wasted several weeks

Deal with BT only

DOH!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...