Used car faults?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently collected a used car on finance(hp) from my local dealer,

I have done about 200 miles in it and the vehicle had already done 50000 miles.

Vehicle is an Insignia 2.0 cdti sri 2012.

When I test drove the vehicle I noticed that the gearbox was a bit different to the one I was used to but thought it may be the characteristic of the box.

Having now driven the vehicle a bit more it is apparent that the gearbox may have a fault which I am going to ask the dealer to investigate.

Could I ask for advice on who is responsible for any repairs that maybe required and also what to do if I am unhappy with their response when I raise the issue.

There is also a buzzing / humming noise heard in the drivers side of the bonnet which sounds as though it maybe a vacuum unit that needs replacing which again was heard when initially testing the car but was not mentioned to the dealer at the time.

I have not had the car for more than 30 days as there was an issue with the v5 which meant I had to return the car until a new v5 was arranged and I could tax the vehicle.

Nic

inform the finance company too.

they are equally responsible

as you reported the faults within 30days then if you are still not happy you might be able to invoke a full refund if the faults are proven, under cra.

and no these repairs should not cost you anything

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...