Bus Lane PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick question, does the 14 day rule for a PCN to be issued apply to Bus Lane usage?

My mum borrowed my car and inadvertently drove in a bus lane. The alleged offence took place on 31st Aug but the PCN was issued on the 20th and received today.

28 days:

Penalty charge notices

8.—(1) Where an approved local authority have reason to believe that a penalty charge is payable under Part 2 with respect to a vehicle, they may, in accordance with paragraphs (2) and (5) below, serve a notice (“penalty charge notice”) on the person appearing to them to be the owner of the vehicle or on the person appearing to them to be the person liable to pay the charge.

(2) Subject to paragraph (3), a penalty charge notice shall be served before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the detection date.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/2757/regulation/8/made

20th of which month?

Pres Sept.

14 days from date of issue.

So still served within reqd 14 days.

Offence took place on 31st Aug and PCN was issued yesterday on 20th Sept...so it's actually 20 days, that's why I'm querying if 14 days applies like it does with Parking Charges.