Downgrading contract to PAYG number while in conract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have about eight monhs left on my 3 mobile phone contract

Is it possible to downgrade my current IN CONTRACT number to PAYG and allocate a new phone number to my contract??

Talking to Three they are saying you cannot do that while stil in contract

No talking about ending my current contract, just requesting a different telephone number to the esisting agreement

In reality your asking for a modification to the monthly contract.

Arguments sake... From £30/month to pay as you go.

3 Mobile will be losing out.

To have another number allocated, I'm sure they would issue you another number but you'll still have to pay the monthly fee untill your contract ends

In reality your asking for a modification to the monthly contract.

Arguments sake... From £30/month to pay as you go.

3 Mobile will be losing out.

To have another number allocated, I'm sure they would issue you another number but you'll still have to pay the monthly fee untill your contract ends

Please read what is stated

3 Mobile will not be losing out as all that is required is a new number be allocated to the existing contract

All that is required is my current number be downgraded to PAYG

I'll take that as a compliment as you cant see that 3 mobile are losing out .

Quote from wikipedia on Alan Turing

computer scientist, mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst, philosopher and theoretical biologist.

Mmmmm logician... Re read my explanation and the mists will clear on your predicament

Get the PAYG SIM.

Get it up and running.

That way, instead of an abstract "can I", you can give them both numbers when asking.

Phone in and ask again. If they say no, try a different agent, or escalate to their exec office.

I'm sure it is possible (with someone sufficiently senior seeing that they aren't loosing out by doing so), but it is probably beyond their first line staff (my experience suggests most things are!), but bear in mind

a) they are under no obligation to do so, and

b) while they aren't loosing out, what's in it for them?

Worst case scenario : you pay extra for a PAYG SIM and x1 top-up

Took your advice but sent my request via email to customer servces. Walked into my local 3 shop and got a PAYG Sim card. Emailed that sim card number and asked 3 to make that sim my contract number and my current contracted sim mumber PAYG

Agreed and all done within four hours

Many thanks for the advice as technically 3 mobile were suffering no loss

Glad to hear it!

I agree, they aren’t suffering a loss (in fact they are gaining a PAYG customer!), but you needed to find a way past “Computer says ‘No’!”, (or the incorrect assumption you were trying to wriggle out of your contract), to someone with a confluence of:

a) “I know it can be done”,

b) “I know how it can be done”, and

c) “I can be bothered to do it, or pass it to someone who can”

who recognised that although they weren’t obligated to do it it was still worth them doing so.

Good result, and thanks for updating the thread so others in the same situation in future can see how you got on.