Enact chasing old Shortfall - Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a joint mortgage with my ex, and was left struggling with it after she decided to leave, stopped paying anything and refused any contact. Managed to keep it going for a bit but I was put on the SVR after our 3 year deal ended which doubled the payments, and of course because she wouldn't speak to me I couldn't resign to another fixed deal and get the payments back down so ultimately the property was reposessed in Sept 2011.

The property was sold for much less than we'd paid, but the lender marked it as "settled" on my credit file and I heard no more for a year or so, when I received a letter to say £28000 was outstanding as a shortfall.

Since then I've had one letter pretty much every other year just restating that there is a shortfall.

This year however Enact have suddenly sent me a flurry of six letters in the last month demanding to know my situation.

Is there anything at all I can do about this? I'm in Scotland. No contact with my ex so I don't know where she stands on it, or if she has gone bankrupt. The sum claimed hasn't changed so she hasn't made any payments.

I have a young family now and really need this put to bed, but don't want to be in a cycle of paying them for years and years for something I no longer have, nor do i have a lump sum I could give them.

What is the worst they could do here?