style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry if im posting in wrong section not sure where to go.

I have just noticed on land registry there is a petition in bankruptcy notice 86 (2) from 2013,

within 14 days i paid the debt off fully,

but creditors (virgin) wouldn't acknowledge it or send a receipt,

totally ignored me when i paid the £8,500 by bank transfer (receipt found)

how can i get this removed as want to sell the house,

any help at all please as i thought this all went away in 2013 when it left me broke,

ive just back on my feet.

Hi

Were you actually Bankrupt during this period?

Have a look at this link:

HM Land Registry - Practice guide 34: personal insolvency: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-insolvency/practice-guide-34-personal-insolvency

• Confused 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You sure it was virgin (MBNA) that petitioned for BK

I bet it was a fleecing DCA

If it was

They probably don't know you paid the OC directly??

More info please

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you were made bankrupt : consult your trustee in bankruptcy.

If you weren't made bankrupt : did you receive any order from the court?

From : https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/technicalmanual/Ch49-60/Chapter%2050/part2/part_2.htm

50.24 Vacation of registration - pending action

Under section 8 of the LCA1972, a registration of a bankruptcy petition as a pending action with the LCD will be automatically vacated after 5 years unless it is vacated in one of the following circumstances:-

the petition is dismissed or withdrawn with permission of the court and an order is made at the same time permitting vacation of the registration of the petition as a pending action. The court will send to the debtor two sealed copies of the order. It is the debtor’s responsibility to request the LCD and the LR to vacate any registration; or

the bankruptcy order is annulled (see paragraph 50.32).

Notes: [LCA1972, s8] [s266(2), r6.25(2), r6.27, r6.32 and Form 6.22] [r6.213(1)]

50.25 Vacation of registration - bankruptcy notice

The registration of the bankruptcy notice on the proprietorship register remains in force until a bankruptcy restriction is registered. It will also remain in force if the LCD automatically vacates an entry in the register of pending actions. The cancellation of the entry at the LCD will not cause the LR to cancel any bankruptcy notices automatically. Separate application must be made to the LR by the debtor for a bankruptcy notice to be removed. The debtor can apply to cancel the registration in the proprietorship register following the action in (a) or (b) above. Additionally, when the trustee in bankruptcy wants to register himself/herself as proprietor of the property (see paragraph 50.43), the bankruptcy notice will remain in force until the registration is complete or the property is conveyed by the official receiver or trustee.

The Land Registry are pretty good at telling people what they need to do to correct things as quickly as possible, although they can't offer legal advice.

(So, they may tell you what procedure needs to be followed, but aren't allowed to offer any opinion on if a procedure is likely to succeed or not!)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contact-hm-land-registry

• Confused 1

Hi

No i was never bankrupt i paid in full after attending court as i thought that would be the end of it, thanks for info i will red through it

the debt was to Virgin MBNA

it was chivers easton and brown division of Howell-jones solicitors who i dealt with

it was them i had to sign money over to as when i made offers they said their client would not accept any less than the full amount or they would put a charge on the property they didnt say they HAD done

See 3...3.1...3.2...3.3

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-insolvency/practice-guide-34-personal-insolvency#removal-of-bankruptcy-entries-bankruptcy-notices-and-restrictions

Thread moved to..... Formal Solutions: Bankruptcy, Administration Orders, Debt Relief Orders and IVAs Forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Hi sansukie

Thought I would pop in to see how it is going with getting the Land Registry removal?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Well done...thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi sansukie

That's great news and well done to you