I didn't know I had a CCJ!

mariebiscuit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya everyone

Newbie here.

And I wouldn't be here without something that I did as a bit of a lark earlier today.

A friend put me up to looking on Trust Online to see if I had any CCJs.

Now I didn't think I did, but I went on anyway and found out I have one!!!!!

You could have scraped me off the floor with a spatula.

I had NO idea about it till today.

I've seen no papers, no letters, no forms.

Apparently it was issued on May 21 2017, four months ago.

Is this a normal thing, not telling people they are even under threat of a CCJ?

Do the courts take their time in telling you about them?

Really don't think things are going to a former address, as I have lived at my present address for 19 years

- no way it could have gone to a place I lived before.

What do people suggest I do now?

it'as for 2700 quid

I can't pay it up front,

I haven't had the 14 day breathing space to scrape up funds.

There is a possibility that it could be an issue my business was involved in but

a) that should have been dealt with in March this year and

b) I'm onto my business insurers and the client concerned about said issue.

The credit checker (Trust Online) I used did not tell me who was wanting the money or which court it was lodged at (all it said was County Court Business Centre) and that was it. I have looked up the CCBC and the nearest thing i got to it was a place in Northampton ... but I've herd a few dubious report since about this Northampton office.

To misquote Harry Potter, never tickle a sleeping dragon... I'm worried that delving into it all and making inquiries might trigger off people chasing me which at this moment i cannot afford. Six months down the line, fine - not right at this moment.

I'm not frantic just yet, but I know I might head that way so can anyone give me any helpful advice before I do go off on one!!!???

Many thanks

Marie

Welcome to CAG MB

I would make a suggestion and ring north hants tomorrow - Get all of the info. Once done come back here...

I bet you its a Debt that someone took you to court for.

Also check your Credit file - It might have the CCJ info on there.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

yep ring northants bulk

you'll need the CCJ number [the alpha numeric one]

ask them to send you a copy of the claimform and the CCJ to email PDF

I would guess its been purposefully served to your business address but using your pers name.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the details on judgment are wrong in that the CCJ should not have been granted, you can apply to have the CCJ set aside on that basis.

The CCJ that has been issued against you when it should have been issued against your limited company.

The onus of proof is on you to demonstrate that the Court made a wrong decision, or were misled. Many of these applications are not accepted by the Courts, so it may be worth taking legal advice or assistance.

To apply to have the CCJ set aside, you will need to pay a Court Fee (£255), and complete Form N244. The Court will then send details of a hearing, which you will need to attend to put forward your case.

In the meantime if the client is correct and you do owe the amount claimed..just the judgment name is incorrect ....If you can’t repay the full amount ordered within 28 days of judgment, the CCJ will be registered on the business’ credit file. The creditor will also be able to apply to enforce the debt by way of a warrant for bailiff / enforcement officer to attend your premises.

You can delay any bailiff action, and also request that the judgment debt be payable over a period of time by completing Form N245, and paying a court fee, currently £50. The court will then decide whether to accept your suggested instalments or not.

The benefit of Form N245 is that it will give you breathing space from bailiffs until your creditor considers your offer, and the court makes a final decision. Once the court issues a decision, unless they agree to instalments, you will again be at risk of further enforcement action.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread