Horizon Parking Windscreen PCN - Sainsburys Taunton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I visited Sainsbury's Taunton last week and on returning to my car found a Parking Charge Notice. I thought the car park had a 2 hour limit ( we were less than an hour) but on double checking the signs it states you must pay for parking and get a refund from Sainsbury's.

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 11/09/2017

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [No]

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload

has there been a response?

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it No

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? Horizon Parking

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Sainsburys Taunton

I wonder if anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

are you the registered keeper of the vehicle?

If so you can happliy wait for the Notice to keeper, which will have to be sent between 29 and 56 days aftre the date of the event.

In the meanwhile, did you shop in Sainsburys?

If so be getting in touch with their HO and with your receipt to hand request that they tell the parking co to cancel the charge.

The idea that you park, pay and then get a refund isnt a contract worth its salt as it relies on action of a third party to perform the contract.

What would happen if you only bought a packet of chewing gum on your way to work and the parking fee was a fiver?

Are Sainsburys going to refund £4.50? the answer is NO.

They will tell you there is a minimum spend and that is not explained in the contract the whole deal is unfair and you dont have to accept any of it.

If it is local to you ask in the store if there is a min spend for a parking charge refund and use that info when you make your complaint to HO.

You have plenty of time for this as you arent going to even get the next notice for a month.

Hi ericsbrother, Thanks for your reply.

I did shop in store and although it was supposed to be a quick shop my better half...

. well lets just say she decided she needed more than she thought...

I will ask her to dig out the receipt and pop back to have a chat with them.

I will keep you informed. Thanks for your help

no, get on to head Office rather than local manager, they wont have the power to tell horizon to scrap the ticket but HO will. The idea of going back to the store is so you can be certain that the parking co is stuffed when the NTK does arive by looking at signage (well, showing us so we can point you to where it is in your favour) and getting someone in the store to admit there is a threshold for the parking reinbursement hence proving the contract is duff. Then when you contact head office you can point out these discrepancies and tell them that you are minded to go after them for recovering your losses should the ticket not be cancelled as these conditions of purchase are outside the law.

It is not about parking, it is about contracts, their offer and acceptance, who has the right to alter them etc. So far everyhting is on your side so you want to be able to tell peopel who amde the decisions that it has all gone wrong because.....a nd the other things ask for prove that point